Windsor, CT | Contract
Windsor CT location
Contract through February 2018 for now
- Development of automated API first infrastructure services for our Server, Storage and Backup platforms.
- Work with subject matter experts and engineers responsible for many platform technologies and vendor products to define requirements and design automation solutions.
- Train and mentor engineering team members in automation best practices including API and web services development.
- Contribute to best practices and programming standards.
Skills: Primary required skills:
- Develop / Consume RESTful API web services for server and storage infrastructure
- Proficient in Python or other modern object oriented programming languages and techniques.
- Experience working in large scale data center with highly virtualized infrastructure including VMware and SAN technologies.
- Strong understanding of version control and branching strategies using source control management tools like Git or TFS.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
Additional beneficial skills:
- Deployment and configuration management using Ansible.
- Security of sensitive data/communication between systems (IE credentials/keys)
- Understanding of container technologies such as OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Microsoft tools, including ASP .NET, C# and Powershell.
- Experience with Linux and open source tools, including bash and Perl.
- Experience with Agile tools including Rally.
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework).
- Experience with CI/CD deployment.
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years experience in all phases of infrastructure platform management or its equivalent in education and work experience.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!