New York, NY | Contract
Title: MySQL/Automation Engineer
Type: 1+ year consulting engagement
Our client is seeking a long-term consultant to perform integration/development/support/maintenance (python, Django, mysql, RESTful API, JIRA API, github, Nexpose API, Ruby, Java Script, Qlickview or Tableau) and documentation of data flow, associated data (example Skybox), and their existing processes.
This consultant will partner with our client to gather and identify design requirements.
Project Services and Deliverables for Skybox an associated Threat and Vulnerability Management processes.
- Data feed integration of asset inventory
- Data feed integration of vulnerability intelligence
- Database schema design and database maintenance
- Write automation scripts to automate or streamline various vulnerability management tasks/processes
- Integration of Skybox with existing TVM workflows
- Coordination with Skybox vendor on integration
- Troubleshoot end user performance issues
- Metrics and reporting using vulnerability data from data sources such as Skybox
- Help build dashboard for the metrics and reports being developed in point 8 above
- Gap analysis and resolution across client and external intelligence and data feeds in
- Gap analysis and resolution of products/libraries/vulnerability instances not identified by Skybox
- Assist in Skybox and security role based permissions
- Assess correctness and completeness of vulnerability intelligence
- Documentation of new and existing work flows
- Research and recommend new products to improve existing processes
Performance and Delivery Schedule:
- This consultant will work collaboratively with a designated team member to gather and identify design requirements.
- Partner with our client to ensure all design and development requirements are met.
- Identify any issues in a timely manner and notify the Project Manager of these issues immediately.
- Partner with and assist our client to ensure Skybox phased deployment achieve milestones on time
- Partner with and assist in reviewing existing processes and scripts, to gather and document requirements and existing processes, identify timelines, agree to quality targets, identify and finalize plan to use tools and technologies
- Design, develop, test and document scripts to automate vulnerability management tasks - such as to pull information from various data sources and correlate information.
Develop security metrics and reports based on the vulnerability data
- Integrate processes/scripts with Skybox.
Work with vulnerability intelligence data to identify gaps in current processes and develop scripts/processes to display and close the identified gap
Help develop display of the data (dashboard and web app tasks)
- Gap analysis of existing processes and develop plan for improvements.
Integrate processes/scripts with Skybox.
Enhance vulnerability metrics
Help develop display of the data(dashboard and web app tasks)
- Document all the work performed including scripts, data flows etc.
Research and recommend new products to improve existing processes
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!