New York, NY | Contract
- Job Title: BI Engineer
- Location: NYC
- Type: Contract
*Financial experience is a must*
This position is for a Business Intelligence Engineer that has strong Qlikview and Database development skills.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and development of Cognos reports. The position calls for someone that is comfortable working with business users, but at the same time technical and analytical.
- Minimum 5-7+ years of combined experience in data warehousing/business intelligence/analytics and
- Minimum 5-7+ years of relational and multi-dimensional (OLAP) data modeling proficiency in the use of
SQL, including relational and dimensional database structures, query optimization, specifically with SQL
- Experience using 10.1 BI Suite including Framework Manager, Report Studio, Event Studio,
Analysis Studio, Query Studio and Metric Studio Experience
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity, Futures and Stock Loan businesses and financial services
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements, make recommendations and implement solutions
- Self driven and should be able to troubleshoot and provide quick resolutions to issues.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a high-pressured environment
- University bachelor degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Engineering)
- SQL Server 2014
- Cognos 10 (Relational and Dimensional Reporting)
- SQL Server Analysis Services
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!