New York, NY | Direct Hire
- Position: Back-End Engineer
- Location: New York, New York
- Status: Direct Hire Opportunity
- Salary: $100, 000-$140, 000
One of our growing Start Up clients in NY is looking for a Back End engineer to join their team of talented engineers. Group that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Develop elegant, scalable, robust, and maintainable code.
- Contribute significantly to the development of our backend services, including designing, estimating, and delivering high quality solutions that can scale to hundreds of millions of users
- Develop prototypes or POCs for proving out new technology and validating use-cases that the team considers important to our architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with Java applications
- Experience with multi-threaded applications & thorough understanding of data structures & garbage collection
- Thorough knowledge of SQL, Object-oriented system design and Design patterns
- Experience with at least one No-SQL database.
- Experience with UNIX and shell scripting
- Experience with Linux Operating system or Mac OS
- Experience with Git version control.
- BS/MS degree in computer science/engineering
- Be a proactive self-starter, energetic, upbeat, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Interest in ad technology and startup culture
- Knowledge of following languages/technologies: Play Framework, Scala, MongoDB, Cassandra, ActiveMQ, MapReduce, NginX, AWS
- Experience with in-memory data grids/caches
- Experience with mobile application development (iOS and/or Android).
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!