Big Data/Hadoop Engineer
Bloomfield, CT | Contract
Big Data / Hadoop Engineer
Contract assignment for 1 year+
Duties: Analyzes, designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures, including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security. Designs data models, logical and physical infrastructure designs, etc. Assists in system planning, scheduling, and implementation. Initiates corrective actions to stay on schedule. Installs, upgrades, and tests complex big data deployments. Develops and implements recovery plans and procedures.
Disciplines: Hadoop design and analysis.
Will be involved in the analysis, design, development and implementation of software applications. Determines user requirements, leads application design, plans projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress.
- Solid administrative knowledge of Apache Hadoop a must (Cloudera distribution a plus)
- BI Tool integration with Hadoop DBA experience
- HBASE experience with database replication and scaling
- Design, install, and maintain highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
- Linux (RHEL) proficiency a must
- Scripting experience
- Automation experience (chef/puppet)
- Must possess good analytics and problem solving skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years of experience infrastructure engineering, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Skills and Experience:
- DATA MODELS
- APPLICATION DESIGN
- INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
- PERFORMANCE TUNING
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- APACHE HBASE
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!