Piscataway, NJ | Contract
- Job Title: Business Analyst
- Status: 12 Month Contract
- Location: Middlesex NJ Area
- Rate Range: $35-45/hr.
Our client in the Middlesex, NJ area is seeking a contract professional to work in a Business Analyst capacity for roughly 12 months. This is an opportunity to with with a well known company dedicated to innovation, technical advancement and excellence!
The Business Analyst will be a member of the company platform Management team responsible for business management and design of the company' s digital library platform. This team leads and manages the system release processes and business prioritization for new services, features, and enhancements.
The Business Analyst will serve as a key liaison between the business stakeholders and the system' s technical staff following an Agile/SCRUM development methodology. The Business Analyst’ s activities will include grooming the user story backlog, documenting user stories with detailed acceptance criteria, and performing user story verification through testing.
The Business Analyst will gather, analyze, validate and document business requirements using workshops, interviews, document analysis, site visits, use cases, business analysis, task, workflow analysis and observations, ensuring they are sufficiently detailed, reviewed, signed off, and kept up-to-date and are traceable.
The role typically reports to the Senior Manager and has no direct reports. This position must be able to work independently in a deadline-oriented environment, and has the authority to recommend changes in department procedures/processes and in company procedures/processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to translate customer, market, and user needs into prioritized business requirements for new services, features and enhancements.
- Document user stories to ensure developers and testers understand business requirements and expectations. Include design mock ups, describe default behavior and expected results, identify edge cases and error messages, define work required for each sprint, and list acceptance criteria.
- Participate in daily stand up and sprint review meetings of the SCRUM team.
- Perform basic verification testing of user stories for each sprint to verify that they meet the acceptance criteria.
- Support the Product Owner with grooming the user story backlog, including understanding, prioritizing, and detailing the contents of the backlog.
- Support the Product Owner with release management processes, including pre-release reviews with key stakeholders, communications, training, and management reporting.
- Assist the Product Owner with communicating prioritization decisions to key stakeholders, performing pre-release reviews, and meeting with the Client Services team.
- Coordinate market research and competitive bench-marking of comparable online platforms, features and functionality.
- Coordinate recruitment of participants and set up arrangements for ongoing user validation and usability testing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s or master’ s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical discipline and/or equivalent business experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a business analyst (preferably for an online service or customer-facing website), evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, and translating high-level requirements from the customer into detailed tasks for the technical team.
- At least 3 years of progressive project management experience. Certified Scrum Product Manager (CSPO) or Project Management Professional (PMP) helpful but not required.
- Previous experience in STM publishing and knowledge of content delivery platforms a plus.
Skills & Other Requirements:
- An understanding of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and an ability to interact and work with technical teams.
- In depth knowledge of feature definition, technical analysis, and software development processes.
- Highly proficient technical skills/knowledge to work effectively with developers and understand the technical aspects of the platform.
- Ability to understand and create workflows of requirements (user journey, functional specification).
- Very strong oral and written communications skills and ability to articulate requirements and specifications with precision.
- Must be team-oriented, identify issues in a project, and work to resolve and escalate when necessary to senior management.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!