Cisco Network Engineer
Parsipanny, NJ | Direct Hire
- Job Title: Cisco Network Engineer
- Location: Parsippany, NJ
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $100, 000 - $110, 000
Our client in Northern New Jersey is currently seeking a Cisco Network Engineer to join their team to provide management, maintenance and support of the LAN/WAN and telephony environment within the company. This position requires the successful candidate to be responsible for proactively monitoring the reliability and performance of the network infrastructure and for diagnosing and repairing problems.
Qualified candidates should be experts with Cisco networking - any certifications are highly preferred. This position requires qualified candidates to be experienced with and comfortable working in a corporate team environment. Small team and fast paced environment requires individuals for this role to be more of a lead and mentor to other members of the company.
This company offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
• Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technologies or similar discipline required; equivalent combination of experience, certifications and education will be considered;
• Minimum of 5 years’ expert-level Cisco experience required; Cisco and Microsoft Certifications are strongly preferred;
• Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience in full-cycle design, engineering, configuration, and administration of Cisco routers and switches, firewalls (ASAs), IPT, multi-segment networks and MPLS WANs;
• Ability to scope, architect and implement new LAN/WAN environments from the ground up;
• Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Cisco LAN/WAN hardware;
• Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems;
• Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards;
• Exceptional organization skills, strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving;
• Excellent technical writing, documentation and presentation skills;
• Experience with Cisco Call Manager strongly preferred;
• Network security experience preferred;
• Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange/SQL, Microsoft UM, Polycom, VMWare a plus;
• Knowledge of Windows Server management a plus;
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work independently, in a team environment, and with vendors and clients;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Sound judgment capability;
• Ability to work on special projects after hours and weekends.
Competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
If you or someone you know would be qualified for this position, please contact your dedicated Talon IT Recruiter today!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!