Citrix Operations Engineer
Philadelphia, PA | Contract
Citrix Operations Engineer
Philadelphia PA or Remote
1 year contract+
Duties: The Citrix Operations Engineer will serve as a technical team member supporting complex virtualization environments focusing on Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp. Selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversee and monitor the Citrix production environment, ensuring that integrity is maintained and high availability is met. 24/7 support is rotated across the team and when on-call, you are expected to respond to all applicable Priority 1 incidents and drive resolution while communicating status to the team.
- Provide timely resolution for technical support issues via telephone, email, instant message, and remote support to efficiently assist customers with their support needs.
- Support the testing, piloting and implementation of changes or new product rollouts. Provide technical guidance to support staff in other areas. Make complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintain program libraries and technical documentation. Serve as the primary contract with vendors for problem resolution and upgrades.
- Proactively manage continuous process improvement based on customer feedback, new or emerging technologies, and process standards. Must possess strong customer service skills and be able to communicate highly technical concepts to individuals with varying levels of technical expertise. Must follow the change management and problem management processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting and maintaining a XenDesktop 5.6 (or higher) environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting and maintaining a XenApp 6.5 (or higher) environment
- Experience in creating Powershell scripts to maintain and monitor a XenApp/XenDesktop environment and automate support tasks
- Experience with a Profile Management solution such as RES Workspace Manager or Microsoft UE-V preferred
- Experience with a Citrix monitoring/alerting solution using SCOM with Citrix Management packs
- Knowledge of Microsoft AppV 4.6/5.0 preferred
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Education: Bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline strongly preferred
Change Management, Customer Service, Citrix, Engineer level exp, Documentation
Problem Resolution, Process Improvement, Prior experience working in a production environment, SCOM, technical documentation, technical support, virtualization
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!