Windsor, CT | Contract
Job Title: DB2 DBA
Job Location: Windsor CT
Contract duration: through December 2018
- Coordinate and upgrade DB2 LUW databases and clients to latest release on Linux, AIX and Windows platforms.
- Responsible for Health and Recoverability of databases in the production and non-production environments.
- Work with the Project Team for transition KA/KT of all project activities into the production environment.
- Work with the engineers to ensure KA/KT of all new technologies into the production environment.
- Ensure all DML/DDL being introduced into the production environment has been vetted out in a p-1 environment to meet performance expectations.
- Responsible for alerting and monitoring on databases assigned.
- Work with the Capacity team to meet storage projections.
- Work with Service Request and Incident tickets to meet customer requests.
- Will be expected to contribute to automation advancements and team initiatives within the team.
- Ensure that customer PHI data is protected utilizing grants and security rules.
- Must be able to perform project activities, handle stretch-goals, multi-task, self-prioritize and meet deliverables. High performers require additional work initiatives/deliverables.
- Collaboration with various teams during restoration activities is essential.
- Must be able to contribute with monitoring insight and problem resolution direction.
- Experience with database standard concepts, practices and procedures. Have the ability to track these items within a large scale environment and communicate to diverse groups accordingly.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision as well as provide direction and oversight to application team.
- In depth experience with DB2 UDB 9, 10 & 11 (HADR is a plus). Knowledge of AIX platform; Linux, Sun Solaris (and Windows a plus).
- 7+ years of DB2 UDB database technology experience.
- Table space management of databases with Data Domain, DDBoost and Avamar.
- Knowledge of Patching and Version Upgrade required.
- Excellent knowledge of Database backup and recovery of very large databases.
- Expert level of performance and tuning skills.
- Excellent knowledge of DB2 UDB database/instance tuning, optimizing complex SQL statements for best possible performance.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage multiple DB2 UDB versions, instances with multiple operating system platforms.
- Good scripting skills to create and maintain shell scripts to automate various database related tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor' s Degree or higher strongly preferred in Computer Science or a related discipline and typically seven to ten years of experience.