New York, NY | Direct Hire
- Position: Data Analyst
- Location: New York City
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $70, 000
Our client is seeking a Data Analyst to play a crucial role within the unit and the organization, working closely with the Deputy Director of Data Analytics to design and implement their data strategy, infuse their tools and structures with data-driven analyses, and manage the company' s data tools ecosystem to provide the right data quickly to key stakeholders.
The Data Analyst is primarily responsible for cleaning, manipulating, describing and analyzing data on student performance and related subjects. Additionally, the analyst will be called upon to work directly with school leaders to interpret and act on their data, and to collaborate across all departments within the organization.
Clean, manipulate, organize and analyze student and school performance data
- Primarily using R, write and maintain scripts to clean and organize raw data sets
- Create cross-sectional and longitudinal data sets from raw data files
- Create systems for assuring data quality and accuracy
- Create visualizations to help users understand and explore data
- Respond to organizational requests for data analysis
- Ensure consistency between data analyses, Google-based tools, and Tableau dashboards
Manage infrastructure for processing large data sets for use in thier data tools and analyses
- Maintain repository of R scripts for automated overnight data processing and incorporate new analyses and descriptives as needed
- Support the integration of additional data sources into data warehouse and data tools
- Support the operationalizing of robust data quality assurance within data infrastructure
Collaborate with internal and external colleagues to infuse the tools, structures and strategies with a data-driven approach
- Collaborate with data users to understand their needs, build tools, and conduct analyses to support them
- Support schools and network leaders in launching tools and analyzing data within tools to make evidence-based decisions
- Provide analysis to Management Team, cross-network meetings, and other collaborative structures
- Develop mechanisms for collecting feedback and modifying analyses and data tools to reflect internal and external data priorities
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters degree in public administration, public policy, education, statistics, economics, psychology, sociology, or related social science field.
- A minimum of three years experience in applied educational research and/or data analysis
- Experience working in public schools desirable – public high schools preferred, and/or experience working in education administration.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of R required.
- Knowledge of Tableau desired.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google Apps.
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Experience conducting data analyses and presenting results to diverse audiences required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative and team-oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated persistence and independence in learning technical subject matter, and in and solving technical problems.
- Knowledge of NYC DOE source data systems (HSST/STARS, ATS, etc) desired
- Knowledge of NYC public school structure and policies desired.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!