Data Center Operator
Somerset, NJ | Contract to Direct Hire
- Job Title: Data Center Operator
- Location: Somerset NJ
- Status: Contract to Hire
- Hours: 3rd shift opening 7pm-7am
- Salary: $65-$75k upon conversion
Our client located in Somerset, NJ is looking for a Data Center Engineer who will be able to provide quality technical support for their mainframe, network and server environments as well as for their system monitoring tools and problem management.
- Provide technical support in major area of responsibility (network operations, server operations, system monitoring, problem management).
- Assist in developing and implementing new processes and procedures, as well as perform updates to current documentation.
- Document problems in our Problem Management system, providing detailed information and analysis.
- Complete special projects and related responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Data Center Operations hardware, software and processes as well as supporting JES2 and MVS commands in a large scale Data Center environment.
- This is NOT a Batch Operator position.
- Strong Plus - working knowledge on the following monitoring tools: Omegamon, TSO, SDSF, Solarwinds, ServiceNow, New Relic.
- Able to perform Data Center mainframe LPAR shutdown (IPL) via HMC.
- Provide hardware and software support for HP and IBM servers and blade centers.
- Basic knowledge of VM, zLinux for Mainframe.
- Basic knowledge of Network Technologies, such as routers, switches, circuits and firewalls.
- Provide Disaster Recovery support such as the ability to execute backups and restores via CommVault.
- Ability to proactively anticipate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems in all areas.
- Understanding of System and Application Monitoring, Change Management and Problem Management.
- Able to work well individually; with peers and with vendors in order to maintain availability for all Data Center Network, Mainframe and Server equipment both locally and at remote locations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to perform troubleshooting techniques at an advanced level, communicating issues and results with co-workers and supervisor.
If you or someone you know is qualified for this opening - please contact your dedicated IT Talon Recruiter today.
Great benefits offered both contract as well as once hired full time:
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longetivy Bonuses, and Plum Benefits
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!