Data Center Support Technician
Lithia Springs, GA | Contract
- Position: Data Center Operations Support
- Location: Lithia Springs, GA
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 7 months
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
- Remote Option: No
A Health Insurance company located in Lithia Springs, GA is presently looking for an Data Center Operations Support professional to add to their growing team.
This is a great opportunity for a junior level candidate, or someone with a few years’ experience who will join a team that works collaboratively together. Some Data Center experience is required.
General Description of Duties
Provide on-site Data Center technical and engineering support performing but not limited to network and system troubleshooting, hardware upgrades and installations, swapping hardware components, cable installation and testing, and troubleshooting for a large number of CISCO, EMC, IBM, HP, and various other network and system devices. Liaise with local and corporate IT support teams ensuring that work is performed within required specifications and timeframes. Adhere to proper change control and incident management policies and procedures and ensure that ticketing and asset databases are updated accordingly. Executes assignments under the direction of the Operations Manager and/or Sr. Data Center Engineer.
Desired Experience & Education
Minimum of 3-4+ years direct hands-on daily working experience with the core competencies required in a medium-to-large data center setting. Associate or Bachelor degree or directly related technical school certification desirable or a combination of equivalent experience & training. Any Cisco certifications or ITIL Foundation knowledge would be a plus.
Minimum Experience & Competencies Required
1) Expertise in the physical installation of a wide range of computer hardware in cabinets/racks per manufacturer specifications and site-specific guidelines; swap out of failed components.
2) Expertise in running and terminating structured cabling (CAT5/6 copper and fiber optic) in under floor and overhead trays between devices and patch panels; testing, organizing, labeling and dressing cables for maximum protection. Knowledge of SFP connector types and applications.
3) Demonstrated ability to decipher technical architectural diagrams to determine and extract work tasks that need to be performed.
4) Ability to interpret and identify port connections on various hardware devices.
5) Working knowledge of attaching an external console device to perform basic startup configurations on devices (IP assignment, parameter setting).
6) Knowledge of basic electrical concepts, determining hardware power requirements, electrical plug types and connectors; APC and similar PDU’ s; load balancing
7) Inventory and asset management processes
8) Working with 3rd party service providers to coordinate and facilitate maintenance activities
9) Experience in troubleshooting and assessment of hardware and connectivity issues
10) Above average verbal and written communications, team collaboration and customer service skills.
11) Adept at managing and executing multiple concurrent assignments under short time constraints and demonstrated sense of ownership and urgency in completing assignments.
12) Ability and willingness to periodically work overtime and weekends upon request to support projects and changes.
Specific Hardware and Platform Competencies Desirable
Individual with current familiarity and experience with of as many of the following would be considered top candidate, however, this is an operations and not a hardware administration position so intricate technical knowledge is not required.
- Cisco Catalyst Switches and Routers; Cisco Nexus Switches; Fabric Extenders
- Cisco UCS Servers and Environments
- Storage Technologies
- EMC VMAX, DataDomain, and DLM
- Avamar and Teradata
- SAN switches and controllers
- IBM P Series and iSeries Servers
- IBM Wintel Blade Center Servers
- IBM Z Series Mainframe
- HP Proliant Servers
- Oracle T Series Enterprise Servers
- Network and security appliances; firewalls;
- Cisco UCS architecture
- Virtualization concepts
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Strong communication skills are also essential.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!