Cincinatti, OH | Direct Hire
Our client in Cincinnati Ohio has multiple openings for Data engineers.
As a Data Wranglers and Data Engineers, you are a technical master: you need to be effective technologists, self-motivated, and able to source and develop data models to fuel the analytics, developed by the analysts and data scientists, which improve business results. Data Engineering is an acceleration factor behind the productivity and effectiveness of Data Science. Your technical mastery and interpersonal /communication skills are therefore a must to thrive in a team. Your job is to onboard complex data, optimize data models and code into scale pipes and applications that will drive the analytics into insights.
Data Engineer - Practitioner of advanced data modeling and optimization of data and analytics solutions at scale. Expert in data management (any sources of data like POS, Consumer profile, ...), data access (Big Data, traditional Data Marts, ...), advanced in programming (Python, Shell scripting, Java, and SQL), advanced data base modeling, familiarity with analytic algorithms and applications (like Machine learning) . Be a leader in data capability building. Potential to expand into Solution Management or Data Science.
Technically Capable: As a Data Engineer,
- You will “ get your hands dirty”, leveraging data types and various data models to enable a range of analytic solutions
- You should be adept at leveraging such technologies for managing and manipulating data, scaling data models and solutions to support the analytics for business insights.
As a data wrangler or Engineer you will be a part of an award-winning Business Intelligence and IT community that is Global in scope, and operates across all core disciplines to drive business value.
Information Technology (IT) at our client is where business, innovation and technology integrate to create a competitive advantage. Our mission is clear -- we deliver IT to help win with consumers. IT professionals are diverse business leaders who apply IT mastery to deliver game-changing, technology-driven business models and capabilities. Whether your role is to create an IT innovation strategy for a business, protect our critical information systems and assets, or manage a strategic supplier in our cutting-edge shared services organization, your technical mastery will be recognized and rewarded. Your passion for the industry will be further cultivated by our culture of continued learning and growth as an IT professional. A career in IT builds change leadership and influence skills, breadth of experience across multiple businesses, and depth of expertise in areas like Application & Integration, Infrastructure, Data& Analytics, and Security & Risk.
Data Wrangler & Engineer
- Demonstrated mastery in applied big data technologies such as:
- Shell Scripting
- Relational databases, ER models/diagrams
- AWS and/or Azure framework
- Understanding of Data Mining, Data Modeling, and Data Provisioning (acquisition, transformation and sharing).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others
- Demonstrated use of data and BI tools
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Have working knowledge in programming languages such as Python, Java and R and packaging/build tools such as sbt, Apache Maven or Ant
- Demonstrated skills or are familiar with Big Data technologies (Hive, Impala) and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency of data modeling and solution scaling.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!