Bloomfield, CT | Contract
Contract opportunity in Bloomfield, CT
Duration of assignment: Through December 2018
- Participate in the design, development, implementation and automation of components and capabilities support our Private Cloud.
- This requires a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs or the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments.
- Works closely with team members to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution.
- May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions.
- Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications.
Proficient in one or more of the following programming languages:
- C, C++
- Must be proficent with Ansible
Familiar with container technologies Docker and Kubernetes as well as either Linux or Windows operating systems, Dev-Ops tool chain technologies such as Git, Jenkins or Gitalb. Should also be well-versed in cloud native and micros-service based architectural styles.
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least five, typically eight or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Skills and Experience:
- APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- APPLICATION PROGRAMMING
- APPLICATION TESTING/PROGRAMMING
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!