Director IT Applications
Bethlehem, PA | Direct Hire
- Job Title: Director IT Applications
- Location: Bethlehem, PA
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $150, 000 - $170, 000
Our client in the Lehigh Valley area is currently seeking a Director of IT Applications to join their team. This is an opportunity to join a growing team and company and potentially grow into a higher position. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must have experience with Oracle. You must have managed teams globally as well as have a background working in the manufacturing industry. This is a very hands on position working for a fortune 500 company in a very lean work environment that values operation excellence.
Reporting to the CIO, the Director, Information Technology Applications will be a key partner to implement and support the company’ s entire portfolio of business applications. Our portfolio includes both best of breed solutions as well as proprietary in-house developed applications. This position aligns the IT roadmap and priorities with business stakeholders and directs the application team including both the ERP and Operations departments. The Director, Information Technology Applications will perform work in planning, assigning and directing computer applications program design, development and implementation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans, assigns and directs the activities of professional and technical personnel involved in the design, development and systems analysis functions required to create new computer applications programs or install and implement software purchased from outside vendors
2. Provides leadership and expertise to one or more enterprise information systems that include ERP, business intelligence, content management and workflow automation based on position requirements
3. Provides technical and administrative guidance as required to ensure project progress.
4. Supervises, coaches and mentors staff and managers under direct report
5. Recommends changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user
6. Monitors task assignments and completions to ensure timely and quality performance
7. Communicates department and Company goals and objectives to employees and relays employee feedback to appropriate management members
8. Maintains an effective working knowledge of the computer and communications industry
9. Selects products and services which merit evaluation and/or implementation, based on business and technical judgment, subject to resources available
10. Reports evaluation and implementation results to senior management and other individuals as appropriate
11. Conducts performance management activities for direct reports and ensures that processes are followed for employees in the department
Other Duties & Responsibilities
1. Strong project management skills
2. Project management certification
3. Knowledge of IT server environment
4. Knowledge network
5. Interested in managing overall IT operations
6. Other duties as assigned
1. Actively participates in the implementation of sustainable improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving.
2. Manages individual employee involvement in continuous improvement activities to ensure equal opportunities are available for all department members to participate and contribute.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree required. Master’ s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Extensive implementation and management experience with company Applications – specifically Oracle. Thorough understanding of the ERP functional and technical landscapes of system
Fully knowledgeable of the systems development life cycle, structured analysis, design and programming techniques, programming language, file access methods, system utilities and development tools, application software packages and PC-based packages used in development or support of production systems
- Must understand technical architecture of Oracle Application across modules
- Three years end to end Oracle R12 Global implementation experience preferred
- Strong project management skills with demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple projects and assignment
- Must have experience and demonstrate ability to lead large cross functional teams of up to 75 people from business and IT
- Prior OPM and manufacturing implementation experience
- Must have worked on a Single Global Instance model and elaborate challenges and mitigation in running global business
- Experience in working with OMCS and Oracle On-Demand / Cloud solutions is a strong requirement
- Must be able to deliver and meet timeline in a fast paced global project
- Ability to perform, project plan reviews, updates including tracking financial progress of project phases as part of project office
- Quickly able to review contracts and identify risks and exposures and advise mitigation plan
- In depth knowledge of company operations
- Expertise in leading and managing a large professional IT staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- International experience highly desirable
The incumbent should have a minimum of ten years of Applications experience, preferably in a global manufacturing company.
Employee must have exemplary communication and analytical skills (both oral and written).
Must be a highly motivated self-starter, with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and take ownership of a process.
Must be able to work in a team matrix environment, encouraging information sharing and knowledge seeking, and must possess business skills and have the ability to transfer these skills to others.
Employee must have good strong customer service skills; be able to sense and respond appropriately to the feelings, needs and concerns of others.
Proven ability to gather critical information and the ability to quickly diagnose problems and provide an immediate solution or escalate the problem to the accountable technical resources for a solution definition, ensuring that the support process loop includes communication back to the customer.
Must be self-directed, take initiative and be persistent when appropriate to accomplish necessary duties and keep busy without prompting.
Travel: Travel domestically and internationally as required
Read, write, listen, speak, and understand English, have the ability to work independently, be dependable and maintain confidential information, integrity and composure at all times.
Constant contact with individuals internal and external to the organization occurs via various methods of communication, typically including face-to-face discussions, electronic mail, phone calls, written letters and/or faxes.
Safety Training: A new employee hired to perform the duties of this position is required to be provided New Employee Training by a qualified individual or through the online training system. Additionally, an employee must be provided further training if a job duty/task has changes that will affect the health and safety aspects of that employee’ s position. Additional refresher safety training will be required as management deems appropriate or as dictated by government regulations.
Excellent benefits package available with bonus potential and opportunity for advancement within the organization. If you or someone you know would be a fit for this position, please contact your dedicated IT Talon Recruiter today.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!