Director IT Infrastructure
Easton, PA | Direct Hire
Job Title: Director IT Infrastructure
- Location: Easton, PA
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $150, 000 - $170, 000
Our client in the Lehigh Valley area is currently seeking a Director of IT Infrastructure to join their team. This is an opportunity to join a growing team and company and potentially grow into a higher position. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must have experience with Oracle. You must have managed teams globally as well as have a background working in the manufacturing industry. This is a very hands on position working for a fortune 500 company in a very lean work environment that values operation excellence.
The Director of Infrastructure will be responsible for providing the overall technical direction for the evaluation and selection of computing and communications hardware and software products, consulting with and advising senior management members on technology issues requisite to the needs of the business, and implementing and maintaining reliable and cost-effective computer and communications technologies that support business requirements.
- Conducts performance management activities for direct reports and ensures that processes are followed by employees.
- Monitors task assignments and completions to ensure timely and quality performance.
- Provides technical and administrative guidance as required to ensure project progress.
- Communicates department and Company goals and objectives to employees and relays employee feedback to appropriate management members.
- Evaluates, acquires, implements and maintains computer and communications hardware and software that supports the needs of the company.
- Maintains an effective working knowledge of the computer and communications industry.
- Selects products and services which merit evaluation and/or implementation, based on business and technical judgment, subject to resources available.
- Develops and monitors implementation plans and schedules.
- Reports evaluation and implementation results to senior management and other individuals as appropriate.
- Monitors existing systems and services for efficient operation; changes as required.
- Provides consulting and support services relating to computing and communications to directors, managers, and other Company personnel.
- Reviews computer and communications technology with Company management to give and gain insight into how that technology can best be applied to meet business
- Guides and supports site personnel in their implementation and use of computer and communications technology.
- Develops and reviews Corporate standards and guidelines for computers, communications equipment, networking services, and computer software.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current business requirements.
- Evaluates computing hardware and software for consistency with business requirements, ease of use, technical and end-user support requirements.
- Publishes standards and guidelines for the acquisition of computer and communications services.
- Reviews computer and communications projects and CPA’ s for consistency with Corporate standards and guidelines.
Departmental Staff Development
- Develops and maintains hiring standards and training/development programs that ensure that the IT department maintains a high level of technical skill and proficiency.
- Trains department employees on computer and communications systems functions and operations as needed.
- Selects and monitors outside training programs and/or seminars/webinars for department personnel.
- Jointly with the CIO and IT Managers, sets standards and procedures for selecting and interviewing candidates for open positions within the department.
- Actively participates in the implementation of sustainable improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem
- Manages individual employee involvement in continuous improvement activities to ensure equal opportunities are available for all department members to participate and
The requirements listed in the sections that follow are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (primary duties) of the job.
Education: Master’ s Degree in systems and computer sciences or a related field strongly preferred. Must have a Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent in systems and computer sciences or a related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The incumbent should have a minimum of ten years of data processing experience, must be highly knowledgeable in computer and communications hardware and software, as well as in-depth knowledge of data center operations. Must have the ability to read, write and speak the English language and have the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
Employee must have exemplary communication and analytical skills (both oral and written). Must be a highly motivated self-starter, with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and take ownership of a process. Must be able to work in a team matrix environment, encouraging information sharing and knowledge seeking, and must possess business skills and have the ability to transfer these skills to others.
Employee must have good strong customer service skills; be able to sense and respond appropriately to the feelings, needs and concerns of others. Proven ability to gather critical information and the ability to quickly diagnose problems and provide an immediate solution or escalate the problem to the accountable technical resources for a solution definition, ensuring that the support process loop includes communication back to the customer.
The employee is expected to be self-directed, take initiative and be persistent when appropriate to accomplish necessary duties and keep busy without prompting. Additionally, the employee is expected to be adaptable/flexible to changing work assignments, analytical, organized and detail-oriented, perform multiple tasks at once, compose correspondence and other documentation in a professional manner, express ideas constructively, actively listen to others, manage time effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines, learn and memorize procedures, display a cooperative attitude, read, understand and follow all company, job specific and safety policies/procedures, and attend/use all required training.
Travel : Travel domestically and internationally as required
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to regularly conduct work in a controlled office environment, moving around the office as needed, sitting at a desk, using office equipment, including but not limited to a personal computer, fax machine, copier and telephone, read, write, listen, speak, and understand English, have the ability to work independently, be dependable and maintain confidential information, integrity and composure at all times.
Constant contact with individuals internal and external to the organization occurs via various methods of communication, typically including face-to-face discussions, electronic mail, phone calls, written letters and/or faxes.
Safety Training: A new employee hired to perform the duties of this position is required to be provided New Employee Training by a qualified individual or through the online training system. Additionally, an employee must be provided further training if a job duty/task has changes that will affect the health and safety aspects of that employee’ s position.
Additional refresher safety training will be required as management deems appropriate or as dictated by government regulations.
Excellent benefits package available with bonus potential and opportunity for advancement within the organization. If you or someone you know would be a fit for this position, please contact your dedicated IT Talon Recruiter today.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!