Distribution Design Technician
Allentown, PA | Contract
- Job Title: Design Technician
- Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
- Status: 6 Month Contract
- Remote – No
- Travel – Yes - required
Design Technician wanted to join a team for a six-month engagement. Qualified candidates must be able to travel, work onsite and come into the role with strong initiative.
- Specifies engineering design for LTN and fiber optic facilities according to specification and/or defined compatible unit items.
- Works with staff design technicians to help facilitate completion of larger complex jobs.
- Works with utility companies, municipalities, corporations and authorities regarding joint use of distribution facilities.
- Provides customers information based on request to help them through new service, relocation of facilities and upgrade of service upon request.
- Investigates reviews and analyzes load and voltage conditions to determine adequacy of distribution facilities, including location of capacitors and OCR' s and recommend improvements.
- Provides data for acquisition of right-of-way and/or participates in the acquisition for distribution facilities.
- Collaborates with other company personnel and consultants or contractors in meeting with customers to specify service locations, reconstruction improvements and in attempting to satisfy customer service complaints.
- Performs such other related duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Participates in any tailboard or safety initiative/task as instructed by the Regional Design Supervisor
Various Reporting Locations – must be able to travel:
- Marion Heights
- Panther Valley
- Business Hours: 7: 00am – 3: 30pm (half hour unpaid lunch break)
- Tardiness will be unpaid in 15 min increments.
- Perform and document tailboards, utilizing the Regional Engineering Tailboard Forms
- Positive attitude toward safety; has a questioning attitude
- Safe work habits and adherence to safety rules; learns safety rules
- Utilizes human performance tools
- Properly uses and cares for tools and equipment
- Properly uses PPE
- Practices good housekeeping; cleans up work site
- Effectively coordinate own work with others
- Is a respected team member and is respectful of co-workers
- Committed to team goals
- Collaboratively works with others
- Accepts job assignments willingly
- Responds positively to changing business needs
- Receives and provides constructive feedback
- Complete 100% walk-downs per DOR2 process
- Keeps work management informed of all projects
- Employee is punctual and ready for work at the assigned starting time
- Employee reports off properly
- No unexcused absences
- Works OT if needed
- Completes assigned tasks
- Follows corporate policies
- Keeps Supervisor informed of progress/issues
- Demonstrates ability to retain technical knowledge
- Exhibits an ability to learn and apply new skills/knowledge
- Understands and practices the proper use of tools, equipment and materials
- Asks questions and seeks to expand job knowledge
- Knows and follows departmental processes and procedures
- Ability to learn and retain job knowledge is not hindered by unexcused absences
- Working knowledge of and exercising judgment when applying company Instructions, Construction Specifications, SPI’ s/DPI’ s, REMSI, Excess Costs, Designer and WAM
- Productivity & Quality of Work
- Engineering Turn-around Time (Priority 2, 3, & 5) ≥ 90%
- High productivity/efficiency
- Simple Service Turn-around Time < 15.0 days
- Job Issue Costs within 10% of Job Close Costs
- Zero major errors as defined by OH/UG QA Assurance Checklist
- Performs quality assurance check for all jobs
- Studies and tries to learn on own
- Actively participates in job assignments
- Doesn' t wait to be told what to do, acts on his/her own
- Makes suggestions for improvements
- Works to resolve issues at the lowest level
Customer Focus/Representing the Company
- Employee portrays a positive, customer-focused image to the public
- Represents the company in a professional manner
- Respects others' property, cleans up work site
- Conducts him/herself properly in public settings
- Keeps managers and fellow workers informed on job status and progress
- Encourages others
- Seeks responsibility
- Sets good example for peer group
- Meets commitments
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!