Princeton, NJ | Contract
Our Client in Central NJ is seeking an EDI Analyst to join their team.
This position will coordinate daily receipt, load and maintenance of all EDI feeds coming into the system as well as those produced by the system. This position will also be responsible for researching, troubleshooting and resolving EDI feed issues determined through internal review or when reported by users. This position will coordinate and be the liaison for new EDI setups as needed, as well as for changes to existing feeds. This position requires familiarity and knowledge of the use of Industry standard EDI processing tools. This position will also be responsible for maintenance of all EDI standards documents, scheduled process such as EDI loads, automated data cleansing routines, startup/shutdown of feeds during maintenance routines, testing changes with external EDI providers. This position will also coordinate the EOM billing process. This position will help ensure we follow best practices and materially improve processes, implement new systems, and coordinate with originators so we can obtain the highest quality data.
- Coordinate EDI load process and schedules (10%)
- Maintain existing EDI feed setups, and setup new EDI partners (5%)
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies in EDI receipts and load volumes (20%)
- Research and resolve EDI error and failure patterns and issues (20%)
- Assist users and IT staff in troubleshooting and resolving EDI issues (20%)
- Create Mapping documents and assist developers in setting up EDI pre-processors (10%)
- Coordinate QA and UAT activities associated to EDI tasks (10%)
- EOM Billing (5%)
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience in EDI
- Minimum 5 years of related experience required
- Experience in the Steamship/Intermodal Transportation Industry, Supply Chain or Logistics. Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and inquisitive
- Experience in data sets such as manifests, 322 gate activities, booking and bill of lading information.
- Experience in transaction processing and specifically in EDI analysis and administration.
- Experience in using Industry standard EDI processing tools such as Gentran.
- Experience in setting up test scripts and coordinating UAT tasks for EDI.
- Experience in setting up reports, queries and triggers to identify and publish data inaccuracies, inconsistencies and incompleteness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially via telephone and in writing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to identify problems, process resolution and implement action or solution timely
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute to the overall success of the team
- SQL and SQL Navigator experience preferred
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!