Rockaway, NJ | Direct Hire
- Position: Field Supervisor
- Location: North Jersey
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $55, 000- $65, 000
Our client in North Jersey is looking to add a Field Supervisor to their team.
The Field Supervisor will be responsible for but not be limited to executing on the project plan as defined by the PM. Accurately reading and interpreting schematics and blue prints. Successfully installing AV systems including testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting the system, and training clients. Making modifications and minor programming changes to control systems in the field. Representing them and being the customer liaison in the absence of the PM
- Responsible for supervision of all personnel and activities on project site.
- Obtain and read all contract documents including, but not limited to: bid drawings and specifications, contract, project workbook, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction schedule.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to: contractual, technical, schedule, construction coordination, materials, personnel, and scope of work.
- Manage the installation portion of the construction schedule as defined by the Project Manager.
- Serve as primary contact for on-site project communication and documentation.
- Coordinate activities with general contractor, construction manager, owner and other trades as required.
- Provide regular reports of job progress to Project Manager and all stakeholders.
- Assist with, or facilitate the ordering of materials upon approval of submittal documents or verification from engineering for design-build projects
- Coordinate with Project Manager and Operations Manager to schedule personnel for installation
- Solicit quotes from qualified subcontractors as required
- Generate and/or respond to construction communication including, but not limited to: requests for information, change order documents, room readiness letters, delay or compression notification of theft or damage to materials, tools or vehicles, safety or injury reports, material handoff or inventory, punch lists, field reports, sign-off documents or other documentation as assigned or required
- Proactively manage field change orders as required
- Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors
- Test, or certify the performance of, installed systems
- Ability to work overtime when required
- 3+ years’ experience leading the installation of AV systems for commercial projects
- CTS (Certified Technical Specialist) preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of AV components-switches, cameras, codec’ s, control panels and rack configuration
- Proficiency reading and interpreting floor plans and drawings preferred
- Associates' s/Bachelor' s Degrees preferred
- Ability to supervise and manage tasks and personnel to meet project objectives
- Possess or acquire a fundamental understanding of AV system functionality and installation process and techniques
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve technical, personnel or other project related issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft project, Adobe Acrobat, and AutoCAD viewing or markup utilities
- Ability to generate timely, concise, and effective business correspondence
- Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including, but not limited to: engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports, and commissioning documents
- Ability to create and maintain construction schedules
- Ability to interact with employees, customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner
- Effective time management and attention to detail
- Must possess a valid Driver' s License and be a safe driver
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!