Full Stack Developer
New York, NY | Direct Hire
- Position: Full Stack Developer
- Location: New York City
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $70, 000-$80, 000
They have specific and limited opportunities over the course of the school year to engage in a set of high stakes activities that will impact student performance, such as programming, academic interventions and goal setting. The platform transforms schools’ ability to seize every opportunity for student success -- alerting educators to critical changes in student performance, tracking student progress in support interventions, and automating outreach to students and families.
They are looking for an engineer excited about public service and the prospect of joining a fun and growing team in an open, collaborative, and diverse environment.
Software Design and Development
- Write clean, testable, scalable and well-documented code
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
Leadership and Communication
- Support the implementation of smart practices, protocols and technologies
- Provide leadership around continuous integration and test driven development techniques and best practices to improve the stability of both our existing and future tools.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Angular (v1.x currently)
- RESTful API development
- CSS and responsive web design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Angular 1.x
- DevOps experience a plus
- Prior education experience welcome!
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate study in computer science, software engineering, and/or a closely related field.
- At least 4 years of recent work experience in a production software engineering environment.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of education
- Plenty of room for creativity and an expectation for innovation
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive pay with opportunity to earn annual bonus
- Generous benefits package including free medical and dental for employees, gym reimbursements, 4 weeks paid time off that increases to 5 weeks after only 2 years, and 8% company contributions towards your retirement that commence after only 1 year
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!