HR Payroll Applications and Integrations Manager
Jersey City, NJ | Contract to Direct Hire
Job Title: HR Payroll Applications Manager
- Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
- Status: Contract - Direct
- Remote: No
- Rate: $50 - $60/hr.
Our Client in Jersey City, NJ is currently seeking and HR Payroll Applications Manager to join their team in a contract to hire capacity. This position would offer a transforming, challenging and inspiring career path with a global contender in the risk assessment sector. You will have the opportunity to work with a company that is committed to long term growth and innovation across company lines!
This group within the Information Systems & Technology division of the company, is seeking a highly motivated candidate with experience in leading and managing HR and Payroll applications and integrations team. This role requires engagement with senior executive, technical team members, internal customers, PMO and vendor partners to help execute organizational business process transformation strategy and implementation plan over aggressive timelines. The HR/Payroll Applications and Integration Manager is also expected to build and maintain collaborative relationships across the organization.
The role requires hands-on experience managing PeopleSoft or other vendor systems including business systems analysis, architecture, SDLC, integration and solution design.
The HR/Payroll Applications and Integrations Manager will drive innovation through the programs and initiatives they are managing and will also be expected to maintain detailed knowledge of program metrics and roadmaps in order to provide executive level status on key initiatives and programs in addition to day-to-day operations.
- Effectively lead a team of developers/analysts in the requirements, design, development, test, and deployment of HR and Payroll solutions and service delivery.
- Engage and manage distributed teams, and provide hands-on management, mentoring, and coaching of resources and drive annual goals.
- Provide process and thought leadership to develop policies, procedures and standards based on IT best practice and ensure their conformance with departmental and enterprise objectives.
- Provide architectural and technical expertise, direction, and assistance to analysts and software developers and effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate software solution expectations to internal customers, team members and other stakeholders.
- Propose, lead and implement scalable, sustainable and cost-effective solutions meeting internal customers’ objectives.
- Ensure appropriate disaster recovery procedures are in place and adequately tested on a regular basis. Ensure compliance to corporate security, audit and risks policies.
- Define, collect, track and report metrics and ensure high quality of reported data.
- Effectively manage HR/Payroll Projects Roadmap, priority and execution.
- Effectively define and manage project scope, schedule, quality, deliverables and post-project measurements.
- Manage HR/Payroll applications, environments and ancillary systems and integrations.
- Work with senior management and internal customers to plan and prioritize projects and resource allocation.
- Proactively communicate statuses, issues and escalations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Work on other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Some travel as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred in Computer Science or Information Systems and proven technical background, excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to deliver simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, utilizing SDLC processes.
- Ability to lead a team of software developers and analysts, internal customers, infrastructure teams and vendors to drive results.
- At least 5 years of management plus 8 years of PeopleSoft HCM and Payroll techno-functional experience.
- Proven experience in PeopleSoft functional/business analysis and development. At least two implementations and one upgrade experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts. Must have Oracle SQL and PS Query experience.
- Demonstrated ability to document requirements, design, development, integration, test plans, migration/cutover plans and ongoing documentation of processes and change modifications.
- Ability to remain agile and adjust priorities based on workload, management directives and customer demands.
- Flexible management style; ability to quickly adapt to changing work environments and be hands-on as needed.
- Proven ability to build customer and peer relationships and manage customer needs and expectations.
- Experience in SaaS or cloud based environment is desired. Oracle Cloud or Workday experience or familiarity is a big plus.
- Project/program management experience preferred.
- Experience managing a devops team is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to audiences at all levels. Ability to exercise executive-friendly communication skills.
This company offers a very competitive benefits package including full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
For more information about our client and this position - please contact your dedicated Talon IT Recruiter today or David Kowalski - email@example.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!