Help Desk Level 1
Jersey City, NJ | Contract to Direct Hire
- Job Title: Help Desk Support (Level I)
- Location: Jersey City, NJ
- Status: Contract with right to Hire
- Remote: No
Our client in Jersey City, NJ is currently seeking a Level I Help Desk Support Technician to join their team in a contract capacity with option for hire. This is not a senior level role and there is room for growth and advancement within the company down the road.
This position is for someone eager to get their career started or continue their knowledge working in a support capacity preferably having prior experience in a contact or call center environment.
This position would require out of standard business hours which you will be able to discuss further with your dedicated IT Talon Recruiter.
Qualified candidates must bring to the table the following skills/experience and attributes:
- Prior call center experience (1-2 years preferred)
- Strong customer service skills/focus - good phone skills and strong communication skills
- Driven and a positive attitude
- Team Player
- Eagerness to learn and grow
Are you someone who truly enjoys solving problems for customers - this is the role for you! Further skills from a technical perspective include:
- Prior Help Desk experience
- Phone support experience
- Creating user accounts - security, etc.
- Ticketing system experience - ServiceNow preferred
- Remote Access
- Printer issues
- Mobile phones
- Active Sync
- Provide accurate, timely and high quality customer-focused assistance. Responsible for the quality and delivery of technical support to customers on the technology used to deliver support of products and services and of related software to internal employees.
- Respond to customers within a designated timeframe with resolution/outcome and ensure customer business needs are met while adhering to ITIL process, corporate standards, and meeting service level agreements.
- Anticipate, identify, reproduce, and resolve problems in areas of specialty in a professional manner
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of latest Windows Operating system and understands Windows naming conventions (file, directory, path, and drives.)
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to generate thoughtful, creative approaches to work.
- Demonstrate knowledge in all activities associated with incident, problem, and request resolution management of end user PC hardware and software issues in a Windows operating environment. Having experience with mainframe issues a plus.
- Experience in the following: Most current Microsoft Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience in Remote connectivity via VPN and VDI.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP as well as Network Hardware, such as routers, switches, hubs, etc. including their functions and capabilities. Microsoft Windows Server technology.
- Experience in Remote assistance tools such as Webex/PC Assist or similar tool which is used in most Help Desks to take control of customers PC’ s.
- Experience in home networks and Wi-Fi in an effort to troubleshoot such issues.
- Experience in Security Administration of Active Directory &/or IBM RACF a plus. Not required for this position but a plus if applicant has experience in employee additions, transfers and deletions. Have experience in creating security groups and also experience in server security access.
- Must follow ITIL processes and procedures and ITIL framework certification preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment including as a member of possible rotational assignments, or as part of a project team
If you or someone you know is qualified for this position and looking to join an reputable company with excellent benefits, team culture and great work life balance - please contact your dedicated IT Talon Recruiter today!
Talon Technology consultants have the ability to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Dental Insurance
- Group Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Long Term Disability Plan
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- 401K Plan
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Service Center
- Referral Bonus Program
- Loyalty and Longevity Bonus Program
- Plum Benefits
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!