IT Project Manager
South Plainfield, NJ | Contract to Direct Hire
- IT Project Manager
- Salary/Hourly: Flexible based on experience
- Central NJ
This resource will be responsible for managing enterprise-wide software solution implementation projects for many of the world' s largest Fortune companies. Within our Professional Services Organization, a successful candidate will work closely with our Technical Team, Sales Consultants, key Account Executives and client Project Teams to ensure successful delivery of Identity and Access Management solutions.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in project management and implementation of software solutions for large enterprise organizations.
Our client is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and organizational skills coupled with the ability to establish and maintain client relationships while providing excellent customer service. Most importantly, this candidate should possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to assess issues as they arise by determining importance, urgency and risks while gathering and processing critical information to provide innovative solutions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage project portfolios by establishing direction and aligning resources throughout the organization
- Ensure proper project management practices are utilized throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage project planning and ‘ day-to-day’ implementation of enterprise Identity and Access Management software solutions
- Exercise regular and clear communication with the client' s Project Team to establish and maintain a solid customer relationship
- Implement and maintain regular and clear communication with the internal Technical Project Team
- Provide operational management of the project (i.e. functional, technical and organizational aspects)
- Identify risks and perform risk management
- Manage project budget, based upon resource allocation
- Manage all aspects of Change Control Process
- Manage conflict in a professional manner and exercise escalation processes when required
Education / Experience / Skills
- 5 to 7 years project management experience with enterprise software solution implementation using SDLC methodology
- Proficiency using MS Project, MS Word and MS Excel
- A proven track record for project planning, executing, controlling and closing
- Excellent written / oral communication skills, particularly in client facing situations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and highly organized with solid problem solving skills
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with clients / partners
- Four year degree is preferred
- PMP certification is preferred, but not required
- Background in software development is a plus
- Experience writing SOWs and / or responses to the RFPs is a plus
- Some travel is required
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!