Information Security Engineer
Oak Ridge, NJ | Direct Hire
- Job Title: Information Security Engineer
- Location: Rockaway, NJ
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $100, 000
Information Security Engineer needed for a full time opportunity in North Western NJ. Qualified candidates must possess a Solid Understanding of network components (WAN, LAN, routers, switches, firewalls), Advanced: 10-Key, Database, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing and Intermediate: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor security systems including firewalls, virus protection systems, Web/Email filters, activity logging and reporting systems, and network and host-based intrusion prevention system.
- Work closely with CISO/ISO for troubleshooting security related problems, identifying and implementing security strategy.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity, and make recommendations based on those findings.
- Work with managed security services vendors to maintain optimal performance – including reviewing periodic reports and addressing areas that may require attention and managing vendor and company resources to complete tasks as necessary and as allocated in budget.
- Review security violation reports and investigate possible security exceptions.
- Perform regular review of hardware and application hardening configurations and validate they are working effectively.
- Perform vendor technical security assurance and compliance reviews to assure vendor controls meet the company standards for confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Identifying adverse events in a timely manner and reaching an understanding of the potential impact of events and anomalies.
- Create and maintain procedure documents detailing security controls and associated processes.
- Develop and maintain detailed playbooks to quickly and effectively analyze trends and potential threats.
- Establish mitigation procedures and practices that allow for the expeditious containment and mitigation of a threat.
- Ensure that the detective processes are maintained and tested to ensure that they are operating effectively.
- Monitor inventory of infrastructure components, computing resources, data repositories, data flows, people and processes throughout the company.
- Maintain appropriate procedures documentation and consult with CISO/ISO on policy maintenance and development.
- Stay abreast of Information Security threats and trends through monitoring of FS-ISAC alerts, newsletters and other industry information sources that are useful in identifying vulnerabilities and determine potential impact to the environment.
- Cross train and assist with Business Continuity Program, Business Impact Analysis, and system administration for Information Security systems.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
· 7 years’ related experience and/or training in Information Technology/Information Security, plus 3 years’ related system management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of issues and problems related to information security
· Knowledge of contemporary hardware, software, and network architectures
· Strong technical background in systems and networking
· High level of integrity and sound judgment concerning security, privacy issues and complex situations
· Effective, efficient written and verbal communication skills
· Strong service commitment
· Excellent planning skills
· Ability to work as a productive, responsible, self-motivated member and/or leader of a team
· Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
· Ability to understand and implement cultural change related to technology
· Solid Understanding of network components (WAN, LAN, routers, switches, firewalls)
· Advanced: 10-Key, Database, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
· Intermediate: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint
· Basic: Accounting, Contact Management
Preferred Candidate qualifications:
· Technical degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Technology, or similar discipline preferred.
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
· GIAC Certification
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!