Jersey City, NJ | Direct Hire
- Job Title: Java Developer (I/II)
- Location: Northern New Jersey
- Status: Direct Hire Employee
- Salary: $90, 000 (based on experience)
Are you interested in building a rewarding career with one of the most Innovative companies in the world? Our clients’ commitment to individual choice allows professionals to customize their career path, educational opportunities and benefits.
This client is currently seeking a Java Developer I and II to work on new and existing applications and liaise with end users.
- Working knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Ability to install software patches and upgrades.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.
- Effectively used structured application analysis, design and database practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Expert understanding of web architecture and application servers.
- Detailed technical understanding of data and technical database design.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
- Ability to write effective test scripts.
- Understanding of Unified Modeling Language (UML) tools and how they are applied to Object Oriented design.
- Demonstrated ability to create enhancements to websites, web applications and infrastructure.
- Proven experience in software development, maintenance and delivery with application server experience.
- Effectively translated customer requirements, recommended system solutions, and helped formulate detailed specifications from which programs are written.
- Demonstrated ability to document development including database design, application design and ongoing documentation of changes and modifications for mid-level to complex applications.
- Effectively developed as a part of a remote team.
- Proficient with enterprise software/hardware solutions and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, and production Internet architectures.
- Proven ability to create component/subsystem documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to produce design and technical specifications as needed for technical documentation.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Displayed some experience interacting with vendors.
- Analyze designs to build component-based applications in a web/internet delivery environment, including introduction of an application layer, modeling techniques, object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration.
- Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise in server-side web presentation database programming and server-side software.
- Liaison with end user, research groups and other business support areas
- Participate in design and technical meetings and provide technical consultation to internal business and design teams as needed.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Working knowledge of Java preferred.
- Experience using Spring, Struts, Linux, Websphere, Hibernate.
- PHP or .NET a plus.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our client offers an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive and competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off. If you or someone you know might be qualified for one of these openings, please contact your dedicated Talon IT Recruiter today!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!