Junior Systems Engineer
South Plainfield, NJ | Contract to Direct Hire
- Junior Systems Engineer
- Central NJ
- Type: Contract to hire
- Salary/Hourly: Dependent on experience, but prefer junior to mid-level profiles.
Our client is seeking a Junior Software Engineer for their Managed Support Services Department.
This candidate would be responsible for providing effective and efficient support to our customers with a high level of technical knowledge and customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical support to customers participating in Managed Services Program
- Provide intake for support requests, process requests and solve or reassign to another engineer, as needed
- Learn all elements of Technical Support components
- Effectively communicate with customers via email, phone and other electronic methods to ensure effective support of client' s products
- Rapidly diagnose and route incoming cases to appropriate teams
- Research, reproduce and resolve customer software and technical issues
- Routinely create Knowledge base articles not yet documented in KB
- Maintain appropriate case – and customer-related files and records in the CRM
- Competency in any object oriented programming language (Java preferred)
- Knowledge in Identity and Access Management a strong plus
- Ability to learn new applications quickly and competently
- Ability to read and understand technical writing
- Demonstrate self-driven initiative with an enthusiastic, zealous interest in improvement, job growth and learning
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and ability to develop customer relationships quickly with superlative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak in order to effectively and clearly communicate with colleagues and customers
- Effective working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask; good prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and follow through to successful conclusion and customer satisfaction
- Ability to demonstrate good technical judgment
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work after hours when required by the business
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field of study or equivalent experience
- Education and academic experience developing in Java
- Experience with software development life cycle
- Experience with Java enterprise APIs: J2EE, JNDI, JDBC, EJB, JSP, Servlets, etc.
- Developing workflows, forms, rules and notifications using a combination of product configuration and custom Java code
- Executing unit and system test plans
- Up to 1 year of work experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!