Lead Financial Software Developer/C++
Washington, DC | Direct Hire
Our Client in Washington DC is seeking a Lead C++ Developer to join their team.
The client is looking for a lead financial software developer to join their team and help design, develop and support financial modeling applications within the Enterprise Risk Management Department. The applicant would be working on initiatives such as enabling public cloud utilization for High Performance Computing and legacy financial applications redesign and upgrades.
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- At least 5 years’ experience in software engineering with C++.
- Good experience with applications design and software architecture.
- Experience with compute-intensive analytics and technical computing workload solutions.
- Good exposure/understanding of end to end software development. For Ex: Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Code Coverage, and DevOps.
- Understanding of design patterns, best coding practices, defensive programming.
- Understanding of fixed income products and analytics (MBS, Loans, Bonds, IR Derivatives, CMO, OAS, Duration, Convexity, KRD)
- Experience with sophisticated models (financial or scientific) and data analysis.
- Cloud experience, preferably with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with caching and virtualization technologies.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!