Lead User Experience Designer
New York, NY | Direct Hire
- Position: Lead User Experience Designer
- Location: New York City
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $70, 000-$80, 000
Our client is looking for a thoughtful, talented designer to join their growing development team and to help fundamentally shape their product. Your work will help massive numbers of students, teachers, and parents across New York and beyond.
Who You Are:
- You are excited about public service and the prospect of solving problems that are challenging and affect urban schools everywhere.
- You are passionate about creating user experiences that are beautiful, intuitive and motivating.
- You are deliberate in your design approach. You love creating rough prototypes to vet ideas, but are meticulous when it comes to the final product.
- You are eager to put yourself in users’ shoes. You seek out user feedback to improve and refine your design ideas.
- You love working in teams to solve complex design challenges. You thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- You will work with a cross-functional team including engineers, school support staff, and school users to engage in rapid cycle of design and iteration.
- You will grow and lead a team of junior designers to execute high-quality user research and design.
- You and your team will create rough sketches and lightweight prototypes to communicate and validate design-decisions, and polished, refined interface mockups to turn over to developers.
- You will create and maintain UX specifications and standards across the application.
- You will develop a usability testing and user feedback strategy to ensure our application is easy-to-use and meets user needs.
- You will expand your skills as a designer and leader, learning from your peers and from your own practice.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 2+ years experience deploying effective strategies for gathering and synthesizing user research to surface user needs and goals, and conducting usability tests to validate design decisions.
- 2+ years experience creating high-fidelity interface mockups and clickable prototypes for interactive web applications.
- Advanced knowledge of fundamental visual design principles: visual hierarchy, grid systems, typography, and color schemes.
- Advanced proficiency using industry standard tools (Sketch) to create high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes (InVision)
- Proficiency with principles of Material Design
- Proficiency with principles of responsive web design
- Proficiency using Google Apps products (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.).
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Experience designing for mobile (Android, iOS).
- Experience working in public schools – public high schools preferred, and/or experience working in education administration.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!