Windsor, CT | Contract
RedHat Linux Engineer
Windsor CT job location
- Demonstrate engineering excellence in the design, systems management, patching, deployment, troubleshooting, and performance tuning for Linux based operating systems.
- Recommend and implement process improvements and automation to maximize system availability and consistency.
- Automate patching and deployments using the latest technologies.
- Effectively mesh various infrastructure components, such as servers, storage, networks, etc. to a service or application.
- Set strategic direction and manage implementation.
- Provide accurate project estimates, while meeting project deadlines.
- Provide timely, creative and alternative solutions to meet business needs.
- Provide off-hours support as needed.
- Skills: Ideal candidate will be self motivated with strong leadership skills. Candidate should have the following:
- Proficient Linux administration skills in support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Thorough working knowledge of VMWare.
- Automation development skills.
- Experience supporting Hadoop, Active Directory, Oracle, JBoss, and the IBM WebSphere suite of products is a definite plus.
- Experience using Satellite, Puppet and Ansible is desirable.
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts (switches, routers, firewall, etc)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to lead simultaneous projects and prioritize effectively.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience.
Skills and Experience:
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- RED HAT
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!