Network Administrator II
Oak Ridge, NJ | Direct Hire
- Job Title: Network Administrator
- Status: Direct Hire
- Location: Jefferson, NJ
- Remote: No
Our client in the Jefferson, NJ area, is currently seeking a Network Administrator to join their team. This is a Senior level position with excellent long term growth opportunity. This is a position that will be technical in nature and prefer candidates that have proven longevity. This role also requires a monthly on call rotation.
Due to consistent growth and internal promotion, this role is actively open. Preferred would be candidates coming from a Financial organization but this is not required. If you are someone who can roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running in a technical environment, this is the position for you!
Must have the following:
- Administrative understanding of server rules 2008-2012 R2
- DNS DHCP
- Active directory – account creation management, group policy, mapping, shares printers etc.
- Citrix administration policy
- Exchange – more advanced understanding - more than mailbox creation – server tune in and creation.
Nice to have –
- Cisco/Cisco telephony
- Certifications related
Provide level II support for technology issues by interfacing with vendor support and engineering teams to perform root cause analysis or improve current solutions and provide value to the organization, providing server, network LAN/WAN, telephony and security support in a complex, multi-platform environment, configuring, installing, staging, and maintaining servers, network, telephony, and security hardware and software, providing support to staff via e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face interaction, and assisting with desktop, printer, workstation, scanners, copiers, helpdesk and telephone support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide level II server, network, telephony, and security support. Determine appropriate system configuration and sizing requirements, which address server, network, security and telephony considerations.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements, including hardware and software updates/upgrades. Analyze and monitor server and network performance, and recommend adjustments to achieve maximum efficiency. Recognize and assist in resolution of network-related problems while discussing event details with the Network Services Manager.
- Clearly documents required procedures and configuration changes to production systems. Investigate and test new technology to meet or exceed member expectations. Participate with vendors to implement, address, coordinate new releases, patches, fixes, etc.
- Conduct system tests, monitor results, and recommend any necessary corrective action through strict change control procedures. Provide systems metrics, root cause analysis and proactive monitoring. Investigate and test new technologies to meet or exceed expectations. Monitor data storage and capacity across the organization and ensure all back-up systems, processes, and procedures are running properly.
- Assists with disaster recovery planning, events and the recovery of vital information.
- Frequent communications with supervisor is crucial. Maintain continuous dialogue with department leaders and project team members during project lifecycle, to include final project sign-off.
- Support business functions in the research and implementation of new technology and standards. Communicate with internal customers for the purpose of maintenance and process changes.
- When assigned to special projects, as a team player and technical advisor, keep staff and the Change Advisory Board informed of all changes.
- Act as an escalation contact for unresolved help desk calls.
- Thoroughly document all assigned tasks in the central ticketing system and change control process.
- Where identified as the system owner, provide application support, guidance or service as appropriate.
- Actively participate as a member of the Change Advisory Board.
- Maintain familiarity with the process and procedure of monitoring and supporting ACL' s and other network controls as well as mainframe access software.
- Participate in the on-call rotation, to include responsibility for responding to calls within 15 minutes following contact, and arriving on-site within 1 hour, if necessary.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualified candidate will be or possess:
- Knowledge of a specialized field, such as computer science or related field of study. Equivalent of four years of high school, plus night, trade extension, or specialized training, equal to two years of college.
- Four years related experience
- Advanced knowledge and skills working with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, VMWare, and Citrix (XenApp 6.5 or higher) builds, administration and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with the process and procedure of monitoring support ACL' s and other network controls, as well as mainframe access software
- Superior attention to detail
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills
- Windows Desktop Operating system troubleshooting, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, McAfee A/V, Application installation, Apple iOS, Network connectivity troubleshooting, and Network printer support experience
- Self-starter, passionate about quality
- Excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of staff
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Willing and able to participate in the on-call rotation for one week at a time (compensated with stipend plus hours worked)
Preferred candidate will be or possess:
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science/technology or related field
- Certified in A+, MCP and ITIL
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Citrix Certified Associate (CCA)
- Fiserv experience
- Working knowledge of the Bank' s software programs
Excellent benefits, company culture and growth opportunity to work for a growing company in the financial services industry. There will be an on-call rotation required for this role that any qualified professional will be able to support. This rotation will require 15-minute response time along with the ability to get into the office within 1 hour if need be.
If you or someone you know is qualified for this position, please contact your dedicated IT Talon recruiter today!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!