Allentown, PA | Contract to Direct Hire
- Job Title: Network Engineer
- Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
- Status: Contract to Hire
- Remote: No
A well known company in the Lehigh Valley Area is currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join their team in a long term capacity. Qualified candidates must have experience with Alcatel Lucent, Nokia and Firewalls.
Under very minimal supervision, qualified candidates for this position will be responsible for highly complex engineering and/or analytical activities associated with one or more technical areas such as but not limited to Alcatel/Nokia MPLS network design, engineering, network hardware and associated operating systems, third party products, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance or operations/user support. Candidates being presented for this role must have the ability and knowledge to understand and manage Firewalls.
1. Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex network problems. Leads less experienced engineers in problem resolution and helps to develop their skills.
2. Leads in complex operating matters involving hardware and software across multiple platforms. Leads in development of proactive strategies that will avoid encountering future problems.
3. Monitors and evaluates installation and maintenance of network hardware and software by less experienced engineers to ensure that standards are being followed.
4. Leads in performance monitoring and tuning of network systems. Performs capacity and performance planning. Recommends and implements complex system enhancements.
5. Leads in engineering, design, and project management of network systems projects. Develops and maintains diagrams documenting company networks.
6. Leads in technology evaluation and selection processes, ensuring compatibility between client requirements and technical performance. Documents analysis and recommendations.
7. Effectively communicates with clients, peers and supervision by blending appropriate levels of technical and business detail to ensure issues are thoroughly understood by his/her audience. Develops and maintains relationships with clients, peers, vendors, and management.
8. Works in conjunction with IT Security to ensure that company Network security is not compromised.
9. Jointly participates with Security and Administration to develop satisfactory backup and restore practices as well as disaster recovery planning and testing.
10. Leads efforts to support NERC-CIP compliance and ensures that electronic and physical security policies are followed.
11. Leads in establishing processes and procedures that streamline and reduce costs.
12. Leads in managing and improving costs of budgeted Capital and Operational and Maintenance activities.
13. Leads in the development and meeting of Service Level Agreements. Monitors and reports to management on Key Service Indicators.
14. Possesses a detailed knowledge of various technologies and demonstrates the ability to leverage and appropriately integrate those technologies within the current environment. Balances technology integration alternatives and recommends action with consideration to both technical efficiency and effectiveness.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Trained and knowledgeable IP / MPLS Resident Engineer .
2. Must be an IP subject matter expert, knowledgeable on Alcatel-Lucent IP Routers/Switches, who will work onsite with NOC and Engineering Teams to provide support and assistance at the direction of Customer personnel.
3. The following list represents expected tasks and activities that will be performed to assist Customer.
Network Operations Support including:
- Command Line Interface for Alcatel-Lucent routers and switches
- New network element configuration
- Network routing setup
- MPLS infrastructure configuration
- Monitoring and surveillance activities
- Event detection and isolation
- Fault resolution
- Routine diagnostics and corrective action management
- Network knowledge on IP/MPLS
- Alcatel-Lucent IP/MPLS routers on the job training
1. Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or an alternate combination of education and experience which results in the equivalent job knowledge and skills.
1. Active learning via Continuing education courses/technical seminars.
2. Minimum of 5 years of Network and/or Information Security is preferred.
3. Basic understanding of Unix & Windows operating systems is required.
4. Expertise with Networking required.
5. BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience required
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!