Windsor, CT | Contract
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Job Duration: Contract through 12/2017
Job Location: Windsor, CT
*3 positions available
Candidate will be responsible for support for business funded and all other portfolio funded work efforts based on project requirements, delivered to customer expectations. Work with engineers to determine end solutions for each project by comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc.
Candidate will collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database.
Candidate will configure and implement monitoring tools to report and alert on significant application and system level events in Oracle using OEM. Work with senior engineers to document standards for where new rules apply or ad hoc changes are driven by project requirements.
- Experience with database standard concepts, practices and procedures is a must have. Have the ability to track these items within a large scale environment and communicate to diverse groups accordingly.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision as well as provide direction and oversight to application team. Perform database capacity planning.
- Must have hands-on Oracle 11gR2 experience with latest tuning and optimization techniques.
- Hands -On Oracle DB upgrade experience (Oracle 10g to 11g or 11g to 12C) a plus but not required.
- Strong relational and dimensional data-modeling skills.
- Experience designing and developing new databases and schemas is a must.
- Solid database administration skills on 11g RAC, ASM in Linux, AIX and/or Solaris environments a MUST Database performance monitoring and tuning skills, SQL and Stored-Procedure tuning.
- OEM AWR/ADDM/GRID a must Excellent PL/SQL and SQL PLUS Development and tuning skills are plus. Skills at both logical and system levels desired.
- Experience with tools such as CA, ESP, TOAD, ER STUDIO, ERWIN or equivalent modeling tool is necessary.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and oral skills, excellent documentation skill. Work with 12C is a plus
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least 3 years of diverse work experience in IT, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!