Windsor, CT | Contract
Title: Oracle DBA
Job Location: Windsor CT
Contract Duration: 1 year+
Will work on Oracle 12c upgrade project along with other Funded Oracle projects supporting the database delivery team.
- Responsible for upgrading/Migrating existing 11g Oracle databases, Client and RAC clusters to version 12c.
- Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues within the database area based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations.
- Work with engineers to determine where these databases will reside in multi-tier distributed/shared applications, comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc.
- Collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database.
- Design and develop complex data models from high level business requirements.
- Must be able to provide design options, alternatives and recommendations based on experience and best practices for database design.
- Design and Develop monitoring tools to report and alert on significant application and system level events in Oracle using OEM.
- Establish standards for documentation and ensure that all designs are documented.
- Experience with database standard concepts, practices and procedures.
- Have the ability to track these items within a large scale environment and communicate to diverse groups accordingly.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision as well as provide direction and oversight to application team.
- Perform database capacity planning.
- Must have hands-on Oracle 12C, 11gR2 experience with latest tuning and optimization techniques
- Must have hands-on Oracle DB upgrade experience (Oracle 10g to 11g or 11g to 12C)
- Strong relational and dimensional data-modeling skills
- Experience designing and developing new databases and schemas is a must.
- Proven Oracle performance engineering & tuning skills
- Solid database administration skills on 12c RAC, ASM in Linux, AIX and/or Solaris environments a MUST
- Database performance monitoring and tuning skills, SQL and Stored-Procedure tuning.
- OEM AWR/ADDM/GRID a must
- Excellent PL/SQL and SQL PLUS Development and tuning skills at both logical and system levels
- Experience with tools such as CA, ESP, TOAD, ER STUDIO, ERWIN or equivalent modeling tool is necessary
- The candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and oral skills, excellent documentation skill
- 12C experience is a must.
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least 5, typically 7 or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or the equivalent in education and work experience
- PERFORMANCE TUNING
- Oracle 12c
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- DATABASE DESIGN
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!