Somerset, NJ | Direct Hire
- Position: Procurement Director
- Location: Somerset, NJ
- Status: Direct Hire position
- Salary Range: $90, 000-120, 000K
A Leading Global Company in Hearing Healthcare located in Central New Jersey is presently looking for a Procurement Director to add to their team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a minimum of 5 years’ experience directly related to Procurement.
The Procurement Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and managing the purchasing activities, policies and strategies of a multi-site manufacturing organization including the identification of opportunities for operational improvements.
- Develop and manage the proposal, bidding, and negotiation process while adhering to applicable legal standards and codes of ethical conduct
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Ensure all purchasing activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Ensure the adequacy of specifications for purchasing purposes
- Negotiate major purchases, develop blanket or master agreements with suppliers, and engage in all aspects of contract management
- Review supplier financial statements/reports and evaluate overall supplier health (supplier risk assessment)
- Review and assess total supply chain risk and identify opportunities to minimize and eliminate risk
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of the purchasing function
- Analyze purchasing related information and evaluate the results to choose the best resolution and alternatives to supply challenges
- Prepare an/or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to the purchasing function for upper management
- Identify, qualify, and select vendors of materials, equipment, products, or services, and conduct overall supplier management
- Evaluate cost and quality of materials, equipment, products, or services
- Manage purchase requisitions/orders
- Review records of materials, equipment, products, or services ordered and received
- Generate and/or review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability and alternative sources of supply
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor Degree (i.e. Business or Supply Chain) required.
- 5 years + of experience in a manufacturing and/or international logistic experience.
- 5 + years of experience as a purchasing agent or office.
- Familiarity of operating computerized supply chain systems are required.
- Experience supporting the medical device industry and exposure to US Customs (import/export), FDA, ISO and C-TPAT regulations and requirements.
- Must have 2+ years of direct management experience.
- Additional requirements are good analytical thinking, excellent communication and organizational skills. Must also possess a high level of initiative and drive towards results.
- This position also requires strong working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to Microsoft Dynamic NAV is preferred.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, Plum Benefits, and PNC Workplace Banking options
To be considered for this position you must have the necessary skills noted above, as well as come in with the ability to lead others through change. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!