New York, NY | Contract to Direct Hire
- Job Title: Project Manager
- Location: New York City
- Status: Contract - Direct Hire
- Duration: 6-9+ Month Contract
- Remote: No
- Hourly Target Range: $65-70/hr (dependent upon experience)
Well known company in New York City area is currently seeking a Project Manger to lead and support in the integrating of systems as well as the developing of in-house applications. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be involved with a ground-breaking new project and who thrives in a change-driven environment.
This role provides technical vision and works with senior leadership to grow the company through the use of technological resources. This candidate will have a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and be close enough to the technology and the individual contributors that they will be able to lead product direction and support engineering execution. Projects will include but not limited to: Developing Applications, Digital Signage and Wayfinding, Building Entry, and Smart Home Solutions.
He/she will be coordinating projects, schedules, track progress of projects and report their results. They will be assisting with the tasks outlined below, but they may also be asked to maintain contact with vendors and parties involved through email and phone calls, answer questions and concerns, prepare presentations, and enter project data.
Creating concrete, detailed plans for a project, including the schedule, the budget, outlining the duties of each team members, identifying project goals, and setting a timeline for the project. They will collaborate with various teams and hold meetings to develop project plans and present them to upper-level management before starting the project.
Closely monitor each project he or she manages to ensure that projects remain on track, meet deadlines, stay under budget, and develop according to plan. They will be responsible not only for identifying project objectives, but ensuring that they’ re met.
Once a project is complete, the team (Jr. + Sr. PM) is responsible for gathering and documenting all project results and then reporting or presenting them to the appropriate parties. This usually includes the full stakeholder team and/or upper-level management. They should report on the success of the project and any setbacks that were encountered or room for improvement. They should be prepared to think strategically and help create efficiencies.
- Assist in developing and driving the strategic vision for the development of technical products that align with the organization’ s strategic objectives.
- This includes primary responsibility for overall vision and strategy for the software application development, testing and implementation for enterprise-wide product portfolio.
- Strategically leads and support enterprise architecture aligning business and technical capabilities into a clear and comprehensive vision with implementation strategies and delivery roadmaps.
- Works in parallel with other technology producers to strategically plan the company’ s product development roadmap, execution of roadmap and successful launch of new products and full life cycle.
- Monitors industry leading technology trends and identifies emerging technologies and best practices.
- Works in a collaborative and consultative manner with other department leaders and interior partners while serving as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops, coaches and motivates direct reports to lead by example, enabling effective performance, career growth and retention.
- Assists in identifying and supporting potential acquisition targets and/or partnerships.
Key Role Skill Set
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operating in the development of technology.
- Strong team skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external groups as part of various initiatives.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’ s degree (or higher) in a technical field; MBA preferred
- At least 8+ years of professional experience in technology and product and/or project management
While as a contract employee, your Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Hotel Engine Benefits.
To be considered for this project, you need to have a push-the-envelope mentality, be able to work independently and have a great attitude!
If you feel you or someone you know is qualified for this role, please contact your direct Talon IT recruiter.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!