Python Django Developer
Brooklyn, NY | Contract to Direct Hire
- Position: Python Django Developer
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Status: Contact to Direct Hire
- Hourly Rate: $50/hr-$58/hr
One of our clients has a mission to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. They are looking for a Python Django Developer who wants to build a company, a culture and solve complex challenges.The team members have strong work ethics, believe in what the company is building, and are willing to play whatever role is necessary to achieve the company’ s goals.
This candidate must be okay with commuting to Newark 3-4 days a week and then the companies headquarters in NY 1-2 days.
• Design and develop cloud based software products conforming to industry best practices.
• Design and implement RESTful API’ s using Python.
• Support and maintain existing software products, applications and interfaces.
• Evaluate emerging technologies, open source libraries and provide recommendations.
• Support testing process and troubleshooting issues and resolving them.
• Participating in architectural design sessions and product discussions.
• Working closely with front-end and UX developers to provide scalable solutions.
• Working with Agile/SCRUM team setting, including cross-functional structures, and varying levels of management.
• Excellent Python coding skills and understanding of Python best practices (PEP8).
• Strong knowledge of Python web frameworks such as Django and Flask.
• Strong knowledge of building RESTful API’ s using Python.
• Strong understanding of Django ORM and SQLAlchemy
• Solid database skills in a relational database (i.e. PostgresSQL, MySQL, etc)
• Experience with developing AngularJS 1.x applications.
• Experience and in-depth knowledge with Linux-based development.
• Experience with developing user authentication and authorization solutions and knowledge of security compliance is a plus.
• Knowledge of event driven programming in Python is a plus.
• Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) environment is a plus.
• Proficient on version control tools such as git, svn etc.
• Ability to balance competing priorities in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
• Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
On top of joining an up-and-coming Silicon Valley backed start-up, you will enjoy:
• Competitive salary
• Equity and future growth possibilities
• Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
• Generous vacation and leave policies
• Awesome team with a chance to help define the culture
• Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!