Security Operations Analyst
Jersey City, NJ | Contract to Direct Hire
- Position: Security Operations Analyst
- Location: North Jersey
- Status: Contract to Direct Hire
- Pay range: $50/hr - $60/hr
A client of ours located right out of New York City is looking to add a Security Operations Analyst to their team ASAP.
- Day to day operations of the organizations Cyber Intelligence Monitoring and Threat analysis.
- Provide log analysis, real-time intrusion analysis, incident response, and security monitoring using a wide-array of industry leading tools
- Respond and perform in-depth technical analysis and risk assessment of all security events and incidents.
- Provide related documentation in support of the regulatory guidelines (FFIEC, NYDFS, etc.) and auditing initiatives
- Maintain a working relationship with a 24x7 external cyber intelligence and threat monitoring service (MSSP).
- Respond security events. Engage in security investigations and use tools to identify and report the outcomes of incidents to senior management.
- Participate in technical discussions around security events and activities with various non-technical and technical parties.
- Develop an operational support plan for the sustained success of the program – including KPIs of MSSP, training and development of SOC analysts and identify process improvements.
- Collaborate with security architects, development, network, server and web teams investigate security incidents and provide prevention solutions for cyber threats.
- Responsible for the monthly testing of the firm’ s security vulnerabilities
- Track remediation of the identified security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with application and operation system teams to remediate any security vulnerability findings.
- Support 3rd party testing of the firm’ s cyber security posture.
- Recommend, and apply best practices for addressing ongoing threats
Manage Security Operations and Response tools
- Know security tools that monitor the firm’ s security configuration, changes and baselines; such as SIEM.
- Respond to Endpoint protection and malware detection tools alerts.
- Makes suggestions on tuning IDS Platforms, Firewall Policies, and other security devices.
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) or advanced degree highly desired.
- Expertise with security assessment methodology, vulnerability management, OWASP model, CVE ratings
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and equipment
- Comfortable with packet analysis and forensic tools
- Knowledge of a managed security service provider operating model.
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Firewalls, Sandboxing, and other security tools.
- Scripting with Bash, Batch, Perl, or Python – beneficial.
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Ability to read web and application server logs to determine potential breaches.
- Ability to read and action upon logs from endpoint security and malware detection tools
- Ability to set strategic goals via cyber security industry trends in areas surrounding threat intelligence,
- SIEM technologies and correlation.
- Familiarity in cyber security forensics is a plus
- Network security certifications a plus
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!