Senior Cloud & Automation Engineer
New York, NY | Contract
- Position Title - Senior Cloud and Automation Engineer
- Contract Term - 6+ months but can be extended or converted to FTE
- Target Rate - $70/hr
- Location - NYC
Position Overview – The Senior Cloud and Automation Engineer will join our client' s System Lifecycle Engineering team to build the software lifecycle automation frameworks, systems, and services. Part developer, part systems and infrastructure architect, and part operations engineer, this person will collaborate with software development teams, application and systems architects, and operations teams. The mission of the team is to integrate CI tooling, service discovery, containers and virtualization, system and service metrics, and multiple cloud technologies to create a fully automated continuous delivery pipeline for all of software engineering.
- 5+ years of technical experience as a developer, systems engineering, or DevOps responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services, such as CloudFormation, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, and CloudTrail.
- Experience with Infrastructure orchestration tools, service registry and discovery tools, and configuration management tools, including Terraform, Consul, and Chef
- Experience with container technologies and platforms, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift
- Must be able to code in Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Self-motivated and self-accountable for delivery and adherence to standards and delivery timelines.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!