Senior Java Developer
Jersey City, NJ | Direct Hire
- Job Title - Sr. Java Developer
- Location: Northern, NJ
- Status: Direct Hire
If you are a Senior Java Developer looking to advance and further your career in the areas of Big Data, Cloud, BI - this is the opportunity for you!
This is an amazing opportunity to be mentored by one of the best in the industry to transform your career.
This role requires strong experience with Java/J2EE, .Net and BI skills to assist in leading application development, supporting business objectives and working through the full life cycle; design, testing, deployment etc.
- Lead new and existing applications along with enhancements to web applications, services and infrastructure, BI applications.
- Perform hands-on coding while designing and architecting end to end n-tier application and integration with BI tools.
- Serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Provides technical guidance to junior programmers and other software engineers.
- Provides work breakdown and efforts estimates, timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities in projects
- 4 to 7+ years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance
- Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, web and search architectures
- Knowledge of multi-threading, memory management, performance tuning, various databases, Big Data
- Proficient experience and understanding in the following technologies: Java, J2EE, .Net, Spring Hibernate, Unix/Linux, Tomcat, WebSphere, REST, SVN, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, CodeDeploy
- 1 or 2 years of BI development with Tableau or Spotfire
- 3+ years of experience with database technologies like SQL server, Mongo DB etc.
- Experience working n AWS environment is a plus.
- Hands on Web Development technologies using Angular Js, React Js, HTML5/CSS3, and Responsive web designs.
- Conversant with Agile and scrum methodologies
- Excellent understanding of design patterns, object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
- Masters or Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
Excellent benefits and compensation package available along with long term career advancement.
If you or someone you know would be a fit for this position, please contact your dedicated IT Talon partner today!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!