Senior Network Architect
Wayne, NJ | Direct Hire
Our Client in North Jersey is seeking a Network Architect to directly join their team.
This is an amazing opportunity within a fun organization for a Senior Network Architect within our Infrastructure team, available within our Global Shared Services Center! The senior network Architect will interact with the business to translate the business requirement into a technical solution.
The organization is primarily a Cisco based infrastructure. The Senior Network Architect will lead the support of our Data Center which include Nexus 7010 with several 5000-series network extenders and multiple in-rack 2000-series switches. The MDF/IDF core and access networks consist of several 6509-E chassis based switches. The infrastructure is a Layer-2 / Layer-3 network. Multiple WAN and VPN/third party connections are also included.
The Successful candidate will be part of a team of 7 individuals responsible for supporting 1000 US based branch locations and more than 30, 000 internal users.
As a network architect, your daily work would require combining design skills and business knowledge with strong technical expertise. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Work closely with business management to determine business process and productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support business goals.
- Producing a blueprint for a complex, large-scale, integrated network
- Clearly communicating that architecture to stakeholders
- Effectively advocating for the necessary business investments to support the deployment
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’ s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Work with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices.
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
- Lead teams of other network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
- Communicate the role and value of the network to the organization and present the business case for technology investments.
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience of Infrastructure Architecture or similar experience in areas like but not limited to hosting, storage, network tools and application platforms.
- Must have experience with Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS
- Hands on experience with the following: AWS, Cloud Integration, Cisco Meraki, etc.
- Hands on experience with configuration of cloud infrastructures.
- Advanced knowledge of layer 7 Firewalls.
- Strong knowledge in routing protocols to include EIGRP, OSPF, RIPv2, & BGP.
- Strong hands on experiencing managing proxies associated for security and bandwidth management.
- Strong hands on experience with application delivery.
- Strong documentation leveraging different Microsoft suite applications.
- Strong hands on experience with VPN GRE, IPSEC, SSL.
- • General understanding of VoIP equipment and operation, voice and data networks. Able to work with a VoIP provider to deploy and support
• Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPs, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD and O365), and possess an understanding of how to support these applications / protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
• Understanding and implementation of network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, stateful inspection firewalls, encryption, authentication and authorization technology.
• Hands-on technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in application delivery using F5 LTM, GTM, ASM.
- Understanding and implementation of application layer security to insure security of public facing applications.
- Hands-on technical experience working with Cisco Nexus platform (7000, 5000, 2000).
- Expert understanding of firewall configuration and maintenance, experience with Cisco ASA equipment preferred
- Expert with configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and supporting of Networking equipment
- Comfortable documenting and explaining network topologies, understand and diagram existing network diagram, explain and plan for future growth.
- Expert with 802.1q VLANs and working within industry best practices
- General patch cable termination capabilities (Cat5e / Cat6)
- Experience building and maintaining fiber optic networks
- Understanding of 802.11G/N in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies
- Experience maintaining an enterprise-level infrastructure, including fiber optic and wireless using Cisco technologies.
- Ability to engineer, build, and test networks for optimum throughput and reliability
- Understanding of FCOE and data center technologies.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!