Senior Operations Engineer
Carle Place, NY | Direct Hire
- Location: New York
- Type: Direct-hire
- Salary: Up to $110K annually
- 5+ years Web Operations experience
- eCommerce platform experience a must
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new, complex environment
- You take responsibility for tasks and drive them to completion either alone or in collaboration with others.
- Server-side web development experience (JSP, ASP, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Django, etc).
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc).
- Experience with Linux O/S
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Automation experience preferred.
- Experience with some of the below technologies:
- Splunk, Tea Leaf, BurpSuite, Mazu, Remedy, Rally, Apache, Websphere, Datapower IBM Message Broker, SOAP, Akamai, Fastly, GA, App Dynamics, Whitehat, Qualys, Alertsite, Selenium
- Basic understanding of networking
- Experience with analyzing customer traffic
- Working with multiple other teams to troubleshoot complex issues – either detected within the team or escalated by other teams
- Maintaining multiple environments from development to load test to production for multiple systems which make up the platform
- Creating and maintaining a schedule several months in advance for maintenance, patching, and deployments to keep all systems in compliance with company security standards while minimizing the business impact
- Having a constant awareness of Ecommerce platform including which locations are active, where different versions of code are deployed and the state of the various services and features being used.
- Participating in the functional and performance validation of systems
- Working with the team and operations manager to determine areas in need improvement and updating existing processes or create new processes with a focus on fully automating all processes
- Creating, updating and maintaining processes used to automate tasks and monitor the platform
- Creating, updating and maintaining documentation on processes used to automate tasks and monitor the platform
- Maintaining an understanding of what normal metrics are for the different systems and watching for deviations or trends which could indicate potential future issues.
- Investigating deviations and changes in performance of systems to determine their cause.
- Performing security scanning against systems and resolving or escalating any vulnerabilities found to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Participating in the integration of new IT solutions which integrate with systems within the platform
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!