Senior Operations Engineer
Carle Place, NY | Direct Hire
- Location: New York
- Type: Direct-hire
- Salary: Up to $115K annually
- expand the use of jenkins for automated deployments
- implementation of ansible to manage scripts/ java application which run on a multitude of servers.
- ex: scripts to stop/start jobs pre and post patching windows
- expansion of the use of puppet to manage static web files and server configuration files
- implementation of version control for jenkins/ansible/puppet/configuration file
- responsible for external website monitoring to ensure meeting SLAs for availability/response time. Leverage data collected to identify site performance issues which can then be triaged and sent to dev team.
- Working within the team to monitor application errors and server metrics to identify issues and opportunities for improvement
- Logs and system metrics are provided by Splunk
- implementation of systems/tools to aid IT and the business in accomplishing tasks (examples below)
- Internal PHP websites which can run sql against DB' s to provide IT/Business users information not currently available elsewhere
- SFTP site integrated with domain authentication to grant particular groups of users access to upload to individual locations which would then sync with other servers
- Update/Create documentation of processes which can be handed off to level 1/level 2 support
- Akamai SOASTA/Alertsite/Keynote
- Splunk/ other log monitoring tool
- Shell scripting
- Wiki - using/managing
- Good communication skills to work between multiple teams
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!