Senior Ruby Developer
New York, NY | Direct Hire
- Position: Senior Ruby Developer
- Location: New York City
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $110, 000-$140, 000
Our client in New York is seeking a Senior Engineer to join their growing team. You will be building their data platform and customer-facing reports. On the infrastructure side, this team is responsible for our full data stack of billions of merchant sale events. This covers data storage and reconciliation across distributed systems, performance and query optimization, API and schema design, and the implementation of beautiful charts and graphs. This team is focused on shipping fast, accurate, and actionable insights to merchants that improve their businesses as well as the organization.
The ideal candidate has to have strong development experience on a product-driven team, passion for emerging technologies, open source, and small businesses, a desire to grow and learn!
- Write clean, readable Ruby / Python.
- Ensure excellent test coverage.
- Enhance and maintain the existing codebase.
- Document software implementation and operation.
- Lead small project teams through the full SDLC including design, planning, implementation, testing, and evaluation.
- Proactively contribute to architecture decisions and pairing sessions.
- Participate in on-call coverage.
- Collaborate with Product and Project Management teams in the development and delivery of new product features.
- Mentor and be mentored.
- Deep understanding of Rails and Ruby.
- Experience with AWS, git, and PostgreSQL.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline and/or strong community contributions.
- 4+ years of demonstrable technical experience in the field.
- 2+ years ownership of and accountability for real-time technology systems with demanding users.
- Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, React.
- Leadership / mentorship.
- Solving problems by wiring together multiple Amazon Web Services.
- Agile development, 12 Factor Apps.
- RESTful APIs for mobile consumers.
- MS degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Opportunity to focus and work on the problems that most interest you
- Career growth
- Benefits package with subsidized health, dental, and vision plans
- NYC startup perks like catered lunch, bagels, yoga, bootcamp, meditation, beer on tap, and hackathons
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!