Senior application Developer
Hamilton, NJ | Direct Hire
Our Client in Hamilton NJ is seeking a Application Developer to join their dynamic team. They are looking for a highly motivated and driven by technology individual.
The Senior Applications Developer is responsible for developing high quality web, mobile and client server applications, while supporting existing applications with enhancing application design, features and functions, troubleshooting end systems issues and applying bug fixes.
Senior Developers will work closely with the functional resources to ensure that applications are fulfilling client' s business requirements. Activities will include all aspects of development lifecycles (e.g. analysis, design, development, test, etc.).
This role will be responsible for ensuring application development standards are adhered to, both for their own development and that of application developers and associate application developers within their immediate group. This individual may also need to help oversee day-to-day activities of an offshore production development/support team.
- Assist the Solution Architect in leading the analysis, design, development and test activities for Application Development.
- Implement and mentor the software development team in using best practices for application development.
- Provide leadership to the development team in meeting project deliverables with quality and consistency.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Clarify and drive team goals on a technical level making sure that the solutions proposed and designed are in line with the department and organization vision while maintaining architectural integrity.
- Provide technical support with existing legacy applications and databases as needed.
- Actively contribute to the technical design and implementation.
- Coding, unit testing, user acceptance testing, bug fixes, deployment activities.
- Investigate new technologies and approaches to address business needs and improve existing systems.
Education and Experience
- BS/Master’ s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 7+ years of experience developing Web/Mobile/Desktop applications
- Working technical knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, primarily C#
- Experience in developing Native or Hybrid mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms, using tools such as Xamarin
- Strong experience developing Restful Web Services and API based development
- Experience with Cloud based application development such as AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience with SQL programing
- Extensive experience with JS Frameworks such as AngularJS, Node.js or any others
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle, especially Agile (SCRUM) and Test Driven Development
- Strong experience designing and working with Service Oriented architecture as well as n-tier architectures
- Experience developing solutions for use in the pharmaceutical industry (including clinical trials) would be a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of Agile development principles
- Good understanding of SOLID Design principles
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Expertise in developing Web/Mobile/Desktop applications
- Expertise with unit testing and using unit testing frameworks such as NUnit
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a very strong ability to collaborate by phone and email
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!