Software Engineer - Middleware Team
New Castle, DE 19809
Title: Software Engineer - Middleware team
Location: Hybrid onsite in a variety of locations with preferred location of Wilmington DE
Direct Hire opportunity
*Must be vaccinated
This group works with various third parties to develop, integrate, and support insurance systems of the operating units. They strive to provide these functions in a holistic manner including helpdesk support, system connectivity, and operational support. Additional responsibilities include coordinating communications regarding best practices in the use of our supported systems and researching new technology.
Responsibilities will include:
This position will be providing support of IBM Integration Bus and IBM Operational Decision Manager to various member companies of the corporation. The position will involve developing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions for customers. We are looking for someone who:
- Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction.
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes.
- Work with business to understand system issues.
- Able to provide root cause analysis when troubleshooting system issues.
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system.
- Communicate issues effectively to multiple levels within the organization.
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology.
- Demonstrates solid development processes including code review, documentation, and unit testing.
- Develops and executes SQL commands to accomplish data model changes and is involved in data modeling. May also include report generation.
- May define XML schemas for web services.
- May develop/troubleshoot basic java programs.
- May develop/troubleshoot basic XSLT transformations.
- May provide rotating on-call support of production systems.
- May coordinate software release schedule and approval process with release management, development staff, Business System Analysts
- Ensure high-performing and scalable solutions by proactively monitoring and assessing various performance metrics both pre and post-implementation.
- Provide end user mentoring and training in 1-1 and small group settings.
- Partner with the various subsidiaries to create a vision for future advancement of our applications.
- Assists in release software upgrades to customers (internal/external), including testing
- Travel for this position is less than 5%.
- 5+ years systems experience.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in middleware technologies (IBM Operational Decision Manager, IBM Integration Bus/App Connect Enterprise).
- Basic understanding of Java and XSLT
- Must have demonstrated the capability of meeting the key accountabilities, or have the ability to learn/perform them.
- Software Development Life Cycle experience.
- Basic P&C Insurance Knowledge Preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and systems.
- Bachelor’ s degree with emphasis in related field or equivalent experience.