Brooklyn, NY | Direct Hire
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Status: Direct Hire
Salary Range: $100, 000-120, 000
Our client in New York is currently seeking an experienced SysOps/DevOps Engineer who will help lead our effort to deploy, operate and monitor our systems. The SysOps/DevOps Engineer will help automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, alerting and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in their dev, test, uat and production environments.
- Building automated deployments using configuration management technology.
- Deploying new modules, upgrading and supporting the production environment.
- Working with Release Management to ensure modules are production ready.
- Validating deployments.
- Performing ongoing routine application maintenance alerting and monitoring tasks.
- Assisting in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Documenting functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.
- Assisting in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
- Working with vendors to resolve problems and develop
- Bachelor' s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of programming experience.
- 3-5 years System Administration
- 3-5 years of AWS experience
- Deep understanding and experience of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Gitlabs, etc.
- Experience working with containerization technology(Docker)
- Understanding of monitoring tools such as Sensu and Nagios
- Experience with logging tools such as Logstash and Splunk
- Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solvingskills.
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
- Requires working knowledge of two or more programming languages.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment
- AWS Certification preferred
- Equity and future growth possibilities
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Awesome team with a chance to help define the culture
- Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!