System Administrator II
Oak Ridge, NJ | Direct Hire
- Job Title: System Administrator Level II
- Location: Northern New Jersey
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $85, 000 - $100, 000 + bonus potential
Responsibilities of this role will include supporting technology issues and interfacing with both internal and external clients. Will be required to perform root cause analysis to improve solutions and add value to the company’ s operations.
Qualified candidates will be required to provide server, network LAN/WAN, telephony and security support in a complex, multi-platform environment. Must be able to configure, install, stage, and maintain servers, network, telephony, and security hardware and software. Support will be provided via email, telephone and face to face interaction. There may also be some desktop, device and basic help desk support required at times along with an on-call rotation.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Providing level II server, network, telephony, and security support. Determining appropriate system configuration and sizing requirements, which address server, network, security and telephony considerations.
- Identifying, assessing, and presenting options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Analyzing and monitoring the server and network performance and making recommendations or adjustments to gain maximum efficiency.
- Documenting clearly all required procedures and configurations changes to production systems.
- Investigating and testing new technologies to meet or exceed member expectations.
- Working with vendors to implement, address, coordinate new releases, patches, fixes, etc.
- Conducting system tests, monitoring results, and recommending required corrective action through strict change control procedures.
- Providing systems metrics, root cause analysis and proactive monitoring.
- Investigating and testing new technologies to meet or exceed expectations.
- Monitoring data storage and capacities across the organization as well as ensuring all backup systems, process, and procedures are running properly.
- Assisting with disaster recovery planning, events and the recovery of vital information
- Supporting business functions such as disaster recovery, researching and implementing new technology and standards.
- Communicating to internal customers for the purpose of maintenance and process changes.
- Working as a team player and technical advisor when assigned to special projects and keeping department staff and the change advisory board informed of all changes.
- Escalation contact for all unanswered/unresolved help desk calls.
- Thorough documentation of all tasks in the central ticketing system and change control process.
- Providing support and guidance as it relates to any application or service for which you are identified as the system owner.
- Preferred: College degree or completion of technical training.
- 4+ years of relative experience.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, VMWare, and Citrix (XenApp6.5 or higher) builds/administration/troubleshooting is required.
- Familiarity with the process and procedures to monitor and support ACL’ s and other network controls as well as mainframe access software.
- Knowledge of financial software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; both written and oral are essential.
- Excellent time management skills to handle multi-tasking a variety of requests.
Excellent benefits, company culture and growth opportunity to work for a growing company in the financial services industry. There will be an on-call rotation required for this role that any qualified professional will be able to support. This rotation will require 15-minute response time along with the ability to get into the office within 1 hour if need be.
If you or someone you know is qualified for this position, please contact your dedicated IT Talon recruiter today!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!