New York, NY | Contract
- Position Title – System Engineer
- Location - NYC
- Contract Term - 6+ months but can be extended or converted to FTE
- Target Rate - $60/hr.
Position Overview – The Senior System Engineer will create and maintain deployable systems artifacts across the various STS Programs. The engineer with build (or source), maintain, and integrate the underlying technology stacks that support software builds and/or application deployments. The candidate will also serve as a subject matter expert (SME) to development teams and will act as Level3 support for Production and Operations.
- Experience with AWS services, such as CloudFormation, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, and CloudTrail.
- Expert experience with Linux Platforms
- Ability to code in Python, Ruby, or Go
- Experience with Infrastructure orchestration tools, service registry and discovery tools, and configuration management tools, including Terraform, Consul, and Chef
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration
- Experience with container technologies and platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Openshift, Swarm a plus
- Experience with middleware technologies, including Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Fuse, and Camel a plus
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Self-motivated and self-accountable for delivery and adherence to standards and delivery timelines.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!