Systems and Support Manager
New York, NY | Direct Hire
- Position: Systems and Support Manager
- Location: New York City
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $70, 000-$80, 000
The Systems and Support Manager position will manage the day to day software systems operations and oversee the support activities of the Support team. This position is based primarily at their headquarters but may require occasional travel to local school sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Systems Management
- Installation, configuration, repair and preventative maintenance of core systems and services within established standards and guidelines;
- Manage core systems, services and accounts while retaining data integrity and security;
- Install updates, upgrades, and conduct other regular maintenance activities such as backups within established industry guidelines;
- Import, export and effectively manage systems data to ensure service delivery;
- Extend and integrate data from disparate systems via scripting and APIs;
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions for increasing automation.
- Supervision and Support Management
- Supervise, train, provide direction, and evaluate the work of support staff; plan, assign, and direct work and established priorities;
- Develop staff schedules to ensure Service Desk coverage during normal business hours;
- Oversee all requests, incidents and problems and act as escalation point for all requests and incidents;
- Effectively manage support metrics to ensure quality of service including timeliness of ticket resolution;
- Ensure the ticketing system reflects all support requests and statuses are up to date;
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Communication and Client Management
- Ensure timely communication is provided to clients on issue status;
- Carry out communication activities to all affected stakeholders related to maintenance, modification launch or retirement of core systems;
- Analyze, compile reports and disseminate data on core systems, sharing with appropriate audiences and discussing strategies of action;
- Regularly meet with key staff to ensure technology alignment with needs.
- Knowledge Management
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, knowledgebase and FAQs;
- Create and maintain system documentation on standard procedures, equipment configuration, user configurations, and technology asset inventory;
- Create and maintain end user manuals, videos, and other educational resources;
- Identify and support the delivery of effective training plans.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’ s Degree and two years experience in supporting business applications systems both in web based and client/server architectures;
- Two years desktop support or helpdesk experience;
- Experience working with queries and data in spreadsheets, MYSQL, SQL, MS Access, or other database technologies;
- Strong software troubleshooting skills with proficient knowledge of hardware components;
- Highly organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong understanding of technology, technology products and technical design specifications;
- Familiarity with enterprise integration tools such as APIs;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus;
- Ability to analyze, identify, prioritize and correct problems in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be constantly driven to improve and highly adaptable to evolving business practices.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Experience managing a Service Desk system and Support team;
- Experience with managing Google Apps, PowerSchool, School Messenger, CAASS, Read 180 and other school based systems;
- Experience with ITIL or other Service Management framework;
- Working knowledge of network concepts such as firewalls, routers, VPNs, antivirus systems and spam filters;
- Understanding of data modeling, design and relational database design concepts;
- Familiarity with data visualization or other reporting tools.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!