Jersey City, NJ | Contract to Direct Hire
Title: Technical Writer
Location: North NJ
Type: Long-term contract with potential to convert to FT
Salary: Flexible, dependent upon experience
We are actively seeking Technical Writers who have worked with NIST cyber security or ISO recently.
- Create high level policies, processes and procedures for the following: Configuration, Access management, Incident Response, Policy that defines the Accounting of assets from terminated employees, Entitlement Policy/ Process, Password Policy, Change and Path Management, backup policy, Physical Security Policy, Access controls Procedures, Risk Assessment, Awareness and Training policy and procedures, and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Capture existing business practices that are undocumented; interviews, questionnaires, and surveys. Develop new within organizational context if they don’ t exist as informal, ad hoc, or undocumented.
- Formalize and integrate area or discipline specific procedures (System or Network Administration, Database Configuration, Server Installation & Hardening, Application Development, Test, and Implementation procedures) into larger formal enterprise wide system of integrated processes under single governance, risk management, oversight and configuration control.
- Help organizational lines of business or work groups establish documented and measurable levels of effectiveness and efficiency
- Produce other documentation that provides evidence, justification, rationale, or deficiencies in existing computing and business environments
- Contribute to Document Library / Repository by creating templates, guidelines, formats, examples, that will become uniform across all business units
- Maintain glossary, data dictionary, terms of reference, and similar reference materials with cross references wherever possible
- Experience working independently or with others, produces and revises documentation that is created for the client.
- Emphasis on consistency, clarity, and grammar in plain or non-technical English; will help to create a document library, some client presentation materials, and will help to document IT security, identity, access management, configuration, database administration, systems administration, network engineering, change control, and similar processes/procedures.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, manage time, and work as part of a virtual team are integral parts of the task environment.
- Must be able to focus on area specific policy and procedures, but also integrate as part of larger set of interdependent lifecycles.
- Conducts research of technical manuals, laws, standards, policies, and guidelines to increase their understanding of documentation requirements.
- Selects appropriate format, develops detailed outlines, and writes text that will help the client organization achieve compliance
- Provides editing assistance and revises existing documentation as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing, editing, and/or graphic presentation of technical information for both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience with Share Point, Adobe, and other communication and collaboration products.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!