UC/VC Infrastructure Implementation Engineer
Cedar Knolls, NJ | Direct Hire
- Position: UC/VC Infrastructure Implementation Engineer
- Location: North Jersey
- Status: Direct Hire Opportunity
- Salary: $85, 000-$110, 000
As the UC/VC Infrastructure Implementation Engineer, you will provide technical post-sales project implementation, leadership, excellence and support in the area of Cisco/Tandberg Telepresence/Video communications infrastructure, Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions to their customers and to work with cross functional team members at their company as an experienced, hands-on technical expert.
Creation, review and approval of UC/VC bill of materials which define projects in detail so they can accurately set their customers’ expectations so they can implement successfully and exceed expectations. Creation and presenting technical white boarding & power point presentations to be given to clients for project deployment guidelines. Drive to completion UC/VC customer projects to be delivered successfully on time and on budget. Support level 3 escalations from Help desk engineers as they relate to UC/VC solutions supported by their company.
A key responsibility of this position is to assist in the coaching, mentoring and training/knowledge transfer for their helpdesk engineers, technical pre-sales and post-sales team members
• Ability for domestic travel to client locations primarily within the tri state area.
• Understanding video conferencing system(s) and network(s) functionality for clients having discussed it with the account manager, working with a UC pre sales engineer write a description of the system functionality to be incorporated in a sales proposal.
• This description should be written in a manner that conveys in as simple terms as possible what the system will do and how it will be operated. It is meant to set the expectations of the client so that they are in line with the systems actual capabilities.
• In addition to the system description working with a UC presales engineer a Scope of Work (SOW) is also needed. The SOW will outline the responsibilities of company in terms of a given project.
• The type of documentation the company will be supplying, the timeliness of this documentation as well as the project management and training expectations. • The SOW will also include the client’ s responsibilities. Is this a “ turn-key” project or are they responsible for cable and network provisioning, high voltage electrical installation, and base building requirements.
• Project overview and implementation will be a requirement to include interfacing with Network Architects, IT personnel, General Contractor, Electrical Contractor and clients throughout the entire phase of the projects assigned.
• Network Topology drawings: to include all infrastructure, endpoints and all associated network components.
• Rack Layouts: Plan rack layouts using best practices guidelines as well as practical considerations.
• Block Diagrams: Help develop conceptual block diagrams for use in sales proposals.
Bill of Material creation:
• Create a list of equipment needed to complete a given project/system. This should include cabling requirements as well as rack shelves.
• Interaction with Viju Engineers, Technicians Project managers & Programmers
• Labor assessments: Work with sales to provide labor assessment for pricing of jobs as well as to provide a look forward for operations in order to keep an understanding as to the amount of labor needed.
Mentoring and Resource Development:
• Work with junior engineers to mentor and develop their technical and professional skills.
• Develop & deploy Cisco UC platforms for production, lab and demo environments with state of the art telepresence systems and networks.
• Interact with global counterparts and develop video network for hosted and managed service platforms.
Network-Sales Engineer (Non-Technical Requirements):
• Accepting personal responsibility for Client Satisfaction
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Be flexible to off-hour setup or support requests
• Adapting to physical redeployment for backup purposes
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and often independently
• Direct telephone interaction with user community and business unit professionals
• Staying abreast of advances and trends in the videoconferencing & audio visual industry
• Abide by operating company dress code
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
Education/Certification certifications ideal to have:
• BA Computer Science, or other technical or science related degree
• Cisco TelePresence Solutions and Cisco TelePresence Installation Specialist
• Cisco Certified Voice Professional(CCVP) and Cisco IP Telephony Specialist
• Cisco Unity Design and Cisco Unity Support Specialist
• Cisco Express Foundation and Cisco IPCC Express Specialist
• Cisco Certified Systems Instructor (CCSI)
• Cisco Certified Network Professional(CCNP)
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA Unified Communications)
• Cisco Certified Design Associate(CCDA)
• Cisco Certified Design Professional(CCDP)
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!